ORBAT FOR HOME GUARD 1940

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

sid

ORBAT FOR HOME GUARD 1940

Post by sid » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:55 pm

Ive been enjoying CoC and recently picked up the Lardies Sea Lion supplement for IABSM. I intend to adapt this for CoC, but the Home Guard Orbats are a little sketchy. Can anyone suggest a Home Guard structure for CoC.

I'm thinking Green with 4 Dice only and a SL plus a JL as Plt Sgt with 3 sections of 8 rifles (not breaking down into teams due to lack of training) and a 4th Lewis gun Fire team of a 3 man crew plus a JL rifleman team commander. To further hamper them I'm dropping the British special abilities but giving them the scout team rule as per US and Soviets to reflect local knowledge by allowing a 2d6 move and tactical.

Any comments or further suggestions would be welcome.

Its my intention to do this as 15mm so I can do both sides and to save me money as I already have a shed load of late war 28mm British. Recently someone pointed out that the later issue pennies are ferrous so will stick to magnetic paper, ideal to base and carry 15mm figures. I also saw that PSC do a Matilda 1 and I got some cheap plastic German early war infantry from their 'Black Friday' sale. Forged in Battle early war Brits look nice as well.Peter Pig do some interesting Home Guard as well so this could be a runner.

sid

Re: ORBAT FOR HOME GUARD 1940

Post by sid » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:21 am

Possibly I should have added that 1 of the sections have a Thompson SMG (and knitted scarf from his mother)

aktr

Post by aktr » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Hi,

There is a Home Guard list in the 2014 summer special, I won't post it here as I don't want to do Rich out of some income

sid

Post by sid » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:46 pm

Doh!

Thanks for that, the embarrassing thing is that I own the summer special but didnt read past the Eastern Front campaign. Surprisingly there is a lot of similarity between the lists, with the bonus that the OPFOR is German paras which is the preferred troops of my regular opponent.

PatG

Post by PatG » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:12 am

Hello Sid,
If you are on the Yahoo group, in the files section there is the most recent draft of the larger list used to build the one I used for the Summer Supplement. They are PDFs but if you PM me an email address, I can send you odt or doc versions.

Pat