Jeeps with integral weapons?

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Pvt weezle

Re: Jeeps with integral weapons?

Post by Pvt weezle »

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but, Gotta have a jeep! I'm from Michigan and we drive like mad-men all over the northern woods in those things. It's a BLAST, soooo for sure I plan on my five 0h duce, senior leader arriving on the board in a jeep!!! at full speed, H, E, double hockey sticks, hell bent for election! Probably lose the game too, might even roll the sucker but, who cares....besides once you've seen James Caan in "A Bridge Too Far" how can you resist?

hedgehobbit

Post by hedgehobbit »

One of my regular players always picks jeeps even in computer games like Combat Mission. And his jeeps always ends up leading his attacks. I'm starting to feel guilty about killing the damn things.

Anyway, I've been reading old US Field Manuals. I love those 40's era cartoons. No nekid lady in the bathtub like the German Tiger manual, though. Looks like I was wrong about the US cavalry .30 cal jeeps, they did indeed have tripods and could be dismounted. Also, the 60mm mortars could fire while still on the jeep. That's something I never knew.
Last edited by hedgehobbit on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger »

I would use them the same way as the British used universal carriers just that as soft skins with open tops they would be a bit more fragile.

:evil:
Dark lord at large....

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

Lads, this will all come out in the wash as we produce more lists which are force specific. The generic lists are exactly that, generic, and give a basic guide for basic kit. They are MUCH too general for very specific forces.

For Paras in Jeeps with a Vickers K gun the rating is VERY likely to be List Three.

I tell you what. Tell me what support you'd like to see represented for an airborne force and I'll try to whip you up a list in the next few days. That'll upset the 1940 gang!

Rich

LardFarmer

Post by LardFarmer »

Rich you're a star!
As Tetrarch, Cromwell, 6lb A/T, 17lb A/T & Universal Carrier (though I suspect that list numbers COULD change with a para crew?) are already covered, I'd be really keen on stats/list numbers for:
20mm Polsten Cannon
Recce Jeep w/team & K-guns
Your thoughts on a Horsa glider?!
I played paras defending against Paul's flanking attack. They were VERY good indeed! Snipers are brilliant (as long as you roll above a 3! :lol: )
1940? I always thought that was for beginners ;)
"I can't read, I can't write, it don't really matter. 'Cos I come from Eversham & I can drive a tratter!"

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

My thoughts on a Horsa glider are that I don't have any thoughts on a Horse glider.

I shall discuss it with Sidney today as I head for Colours. Will you be heading down there on your tractor?

Rich

LardFarmer

Post by LardFarmer »

Three of us (the other two delicately balanced on the mud-guards), will be mostly holding up the traffic on the M4 tomorrow :twisted:
Have a good one today!
"I can't read, I can't write, it don't really matter. 'Cos I come from Eversham & I can drive a tratter!"

LardFarmer

Post by LardFarmer »

Any more thoughts on this Rich?

Did you & Sidney talk "all things Horsa" at all on Saturday, or where you too distracted by the beauty that is Newbury? :?