Comprehensive AFV Lists

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Lorne

Re: Comprehensive AFV Lists

Post by Lorne »

Assuming this is an indication of intent, welcome aboard.

There's a few of us co-operating on this hefty task. To release Rich to attend to more pressing CoC and TFL business matters, I'm (trying to) act as co-ordinator to keep things on track and hopefully avoid wasteful duplication.

The most pressing task is to produce a master list of AFVs seeing action in WWII. I've put a brief outline, suggested national list template and a central record of national lists on the web at:

CoC Combat Vehicle Master list

If you want to test the water before being pulled in too far, I'd suggest looking at the basic German list provided on the site and updating/amending according to your specific knowledge of German kit (particularly the repurposed French stuff).

Thereafter, there's a list to chose from. If you feel up to starting a new Canadian list, that'd be a great help.

Cheers,

Lorne

LardFarmer wrote:I'll be more than happy to pitch in with vehicles for 21st Panzer, 6th Airborne (already covered :?: ), 9th,10th,12th SS, Canadians & the outstanding British gear from the non-American end of the Normandy campaign.
Just lists of stuff you're after Rich? As you mention, lots of the gun/armour data can be easily extrapolated across from existing IABSM kit, but differing AT/HE values & their appropriate list entry are surely your domain?
I have time to burn. If you have any specific lists you're after, just shout.

hedgehobbit

Post by hedgehobbit »

Is there a table to convert penetration and armor thickness from mm to CoC factors?

Lorne

Post by Lorne »

hedgehobbit wrote:Is there a table to convert penetration and armor thickness from mm to CoC factors?
Not currently. Because of similarities between the systems, the existing stats collected for vehicles in IABSM will be plundered. Only after that will there be a need to investigate such technical specifics.

Right now, the most pressing need is to come up with as comprehensive a list of vehicles as we can. At the level depicted by CoC, there's any manner of scope for those lesser known vehicles (weird-and-wonderful oddballs?) to put in an appearance during a game.

Cheers,

Lorne

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger »

could come one send me the word format saved for office 2003 & I will having pried the armoured vehicles bible, I cant recall the title, for the allies & European axis from Steve the Spirit games mail order troll see what I can add. Or I could make him do it :twisted:

:evil: Ginger
Dark lord at large....

aphillathehun

Post by aphillathehun »

I don't see your German list so please forgive me if I'm duplicating something you already have but how about

Germany
1942-44 eastern front (debuted at Stalingrad at the end of October)
sIG33B Armour 7 AP 8 HE 13 Speed Slow

(I don't know if there is an option for a High Profile, or Big Target, but this would qualify. I used the factor for the infantry gun in the main rules and guessed about armor based on it being fairly similar in thickness to the Stug IIIG)

Lorne

Post by Lorne »

aphillathehun wrote:I don't see your German list so please forgive me if I'm duplicating something you already have but how about

Germany
1942-44 eastern front (debuted at Stalingrad at the end of October)
sIG33B Armour 7 AP 8 HE 13 Speed Slow

(I don't know if there is an option for a High Profile, or Big Target, but this would qualify. I used the factor for the infantry gun in the main rules and guessed about armor based on it being fairly similar in thickness to the Stug IIIG)
The Sturminfanteriegeschütz 33? Got it :)

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

Chaps

My thanks to Lorne for jumping in on this. He kindly emailed me and volunteered just at the point when I was about to drown in work. My less than polite answer which could be paraphrased as "Do what you ****ing well like" was taken entirely in the right spirit and I see that he has achieved a million times more than I could have done in the rime available.

Thanks very much to Lorne and the rest of you. Once we have a list we are happy is comprehensive then I can jump on board and crunch numbers.

Rich

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger »

Good chap

Dark lord at large....

Lorne

Post by Lorne »

New lists have been added to the CoC AFV master list. These are:

- Australia
- Hungary

My thanks to Adrian (ara on the forum) for the Australian information.

We've contributors now working away at German, British, Soviet, Italian and Finnish WWII vehicle lists, but there are many more nations needing attention to give us the comprehensive data aspired to. So we could really do with YOUR help. Any information you may have about the vehicles deployed by those less celebrated nations would be gratefully received.

Cheers,

Lorne

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger »

I will see Steve - The mail order troll & give him his new mission in the morning. He had finished rewriting and fixing the Traveller TNE rpg vehicle weapon & starship equipment building system for me & was getting bored.

A bored Steve is a dangerous thing. If you also send me the British & Us lists he will also go through those.

Dark lord at large....