This seems a pretty comprehensive list of all tanks here:
http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/index.asp

For Australia there is the Sentinel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentinel_tank

And 4 Australian variants of the Matilda II:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matilda_II

and that's it.
Hi Myron,

don't forget the Crusader IIs, Universal Carriers, M3 Stuarts, Vickers MkVi, captured Renault R35s, Italian M11/39s and M13/40s used in North Africa.

Adrian :D

Lorne

Re: Comprehensive AFV Lists

Post by Lorne »

That's what we're looking for - information on the stuff used by the different combatants and not just built by them.

Could you expand upon this, transmit your knowledge to paper and give our Australian list a boost? Need only abbreviated data for each vehicle identified, indicating:

- Name / designation of vehicle
- Type e.g. tank, tank destroyer, armoured car etc (if known)
- Years of service between 1939-1945
- Theatre used (if known)
- Source of information

Thanks,

Lorne

ara wrote:
Hi Myron,

don't forget the Crusader IIs, Universal Carriers, M3 Stuarts, Vickers MkVi, captured Renault R35s, Italian M11/39s and M13/40s used in North Africa.

Adrian :D

siggian

Post by siggian »

Or the Bob Semple!

ara

Post by ara »

[quote="Lorne"]That's what we're looking for - information on the stuff used by the different combatants and not just built by them.

Could you expand upon this, transmit your knowledge to paper and give our Australian list a boost? Need only abbreviated data for each vehicle identified, indicating:

- Name / designation of vehicle
- Type e.g. tank, tank destroyer, armoured car etc (if known)
- Years of service between 1939-1945
- Theatre used (if known)
- Source of information

Thanks,

Lorne

Can do Lorne, just give me a couple of days!

Adrian

ara

Post by ara »

siggian wrote:Or the Bob Semple!
Hi Siggian,

don't think too many Kiwi's (New Zealanders) would be happy about the Semple Tank being attributed to Aussies! ;)

Adrian

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger »

I am sure of that ;) The Australian tanks listing was more for those the Australians built rather than the ones the Australians used & I believe none of the Sentinel variants ever saw action.

:evil: Ginger
Dark lord at large....

ara

Post by ara »

Unfortunately not...

Though it would have been interesting to see some combat results with the Sentinel's single piece moulded hull and turret, cruiser speed of 30mph and the 17pdr gun!

Adrian

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger »

as it was going to be used against the Japanese who where not known for their armour I suspect it would have been king of the battle field quite quickly as the Matilda II was against the Italians in north Africa.

:evil: Ginger
Dark lord at large....

Kustenjaeger

Post by Kustenjaeger »

Greetings

My British list is coming along - hopefully early next week. The one I post will omit columns for technical specifications (crew, speed, armament, armour) though I'll add those to my own copy as and when I can find them.

I'm generally referring to multiple marks on the same line if they are functionally the same. I've split the use between Europe, Mediterrenean & Middle East and Far East with, where I can find it, a range of months used. Where the use was limited I've tried to put some indication in.

There will doubtless be a bit of cross over with Commnwealth entries and given the length of the list at present (115 entries) even with combining some marks, I'm sure there will be a lot for people to comment on.

Regards

Edward

LardFarmer

Post by LardFarmer »

I'll be more than happy to pitch in with vehicles for 21st Panzer, 6th Airborne (already covered :?: ), 9th,10th,12th SS, Canadians & the outstanding British gear from the non-American end of the Normandy campaign.
Just lists of stuff you're after Rich? As you mention, lots of the gun/armour data can be easily extrapolated across from existing IABSM kit, but differing AT/HE values & their appropriate list entry are surely your domain?
I have time to burn. If you have any specific lists you're after, just shout.
"I can't read, I can't write, it don't really matter. 'Cos I come from Eversham & I can drive a tratter!"