A CoC Challenge!

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

topi

Re: A CoC Challenge!

Post by topi »

Mervyn wrote:German FJ September 1940 (Sealion)

Germany September 1940
Fallschirmjager Platoon

Platoon Force Rating
Regular:+1
Command Dice:6
Is this really meant to be 6 command die force, or is this a typo? (Just wondering about the cost, +1 seems to be quite low for 6 CD).

Thanks for the lists everyone!

cheers,
Topi

aphillathehun

Post by aphillathehun »

"Arbegnoch “Squad” – 10 riflemen plus Junior Leader *****"

Arbegnoch - I think I had the 12 year cask strength version of that last time I was in Edinburgh, didn't I/

aktr

Post by aktr »

For anyone that fancies defending Festung Europa with a bunch of clapped out french tanks (and maybe some clapped out German Soliders ;) )

Bodenstandig Grenadier Platoon

Special Rules
Maschinengewehr
As per main rule book

Atlantik Wall
The Sodenstandig platoon helped build the atlantik wall and now they must stand and defend it. The player controlling the Bodenstandig platoon receives 2 extra support points that must be spent on barbed wire mine fields, entrenchments or road blocks. In addition is a scenario with a designated attacker and defender the Bondenstandig platoon is always the defender

Senior Officer – SMG

Panzerschrek Team (2 crew)

Squads 1-3
Junior Leader – SMG, 1 Panzerfaust
Team 1 – MG42 (2 crew), 1 Rifleman
Team 2 – 6 Riflemen

List 1
Medical Orderly
Adjutant
Kubelwagon, no crew
Minefield
Barbed Wire
Entrenchments for one Team

List 2
Panzerschreck team (2 crew)
5cm Mortar (2 crew)
Senior Leader
Road Block

List 3
Sdkfz 251, no weapons
Forward Observer and 8cm Mortar Battery
Panzer 18-R 730(f) (FT-17)

List 4
MG42 with 5 crew
Panzer 35-R 731(f) (R-35) with Junior Leader
Panzer 38-H 735(f) (H-39) with Junior Leader

List 5
Pak 183(f) (47mm SA-37) with 5 crew and Junior Leader
Pak 38 with 5 crew and Junior Leader
Panzer III J with Junior
IKH290(r) (soviet 76mm obr 1927) with 5 crew and Junior Leader

List 6
Panzer 35-s 739(f) (S-35) with Junior Leader
Panzer B-2 740(f) (Char B-1) with Junior Leader
Marder III M with Junior Leader
Pak 97/38 with 5 crew and Junior Leader

List 7
Pak 40 with 5 crew and Junior Leader
Stug III G with Junior Leader

List 8
Flammpanzer B-2 740(f) with Junior Leader

Mervyn

Post by Mervyn »

topi wrote:

Germany September 1940
Fallschirmjager Platoon

Platoon Force Rating
Is this really meant to be 6 command die force, or is this a typo? (Just wondering about the cost, +1 seems to be quite low for 6 CD).

Thanks for the lists everyone!

Hello Topi - thanks for looking. I've gone with 6 command dice on the basis they were "elite" in comparison with their opposition at the time. Clearly they are not the equivalent of later war elite but were trained, motivated and aggressive.
Not quite sure how the force rating ties in with command dice, but for example US Airborne 1944 are 6CD and +1 rating.
Mervyn

aktr

Post by aktr »

Mervyn wrote:
topi wrote:
Mervyn wrote: I've gone with 6 command dice on the basis they were "elite" in comparison with their opposition at the time. Clearly they are not the equivalent of later war elite but were trained, motivated and aggressive.
Not quite sure how the force rating ties in with command dice, but for example US Airborne 1944 are 6CD and +1 rating.
The elite rating adds 33% to the total cost of the platoon on the CoCulator. an extra command dice then moves them up to the next band.

The American paras in the book are only +1 as they only have 2 sqauds, if you add a 3rd sqaud it moves to +8

I've run your Fallschimjager platoon througth the CoCulator and it comes out at roughly +9
I say roughly as thats assuming the Junior Leaders in the HQ section work like Normal Junior Leaders and i'm not 100% sure what the costing of the medic would be

Andy

topi

Post by topi »

Mervyn wrote:
topi wrote:

Germany September 1940
Fallschirmjager Platoon

Platoon Force Rating
Hello Topi - thanks for looking. I've gone with 6 command dice on the basis they were "elite" in comparison with their opposition at the time. Clearly they are not the equivalent of later war elite but were trained, motivated and aggressive.
Mervyn
Hi,
Now that you mention it, 6CD probably makes sense to distinguish it from less coordinated homeguard opponents.
I ran the list through the Coculator. Troops alone are 101 points, so +2 rating. +1 for medic and +1 for 6CD, so final rating of +4, unless I made a mistake. US Airborne is only +1 as it has 2 squads, so markedly less men.

Cheers,
Topi

PatG

Post by PatG »

Great lists and great commentary chaps!

I am very much enjoying the low end lists.

topi

Post by topi »

aktr wrote:
I've run your Fallschimjager platoon througth the CoCulator and it comes out at roughly +9
I say roughly as thats assuming the Junior Leaders in the HQ section work like Normal Junior Leaders and i'm not 100% sure what the costing of the medic would be

Andy
Hi,

+9 for regulars? Or +9 if the FJ were elite? I assume the latter?

cheers,
Topi

aktr

Post by aktr »

topi wrote:
Hi,

+9 for regulars? Or +9 if the FJ were elite? I assume the latter?

cheers,
Topi
+9 For elite, for Regular at 5 command dice it would be +2
Andy

Willy

Post by Willy »

By way of introduction, I am a relatively new convert to CoC and have a long-term interest in partisan/Maquis history, miniature gaming, game design, and being too wordy. Here is the link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/180 ... %20C0C.pdf

I was not sure about the force strength rating (-2), and am curious to see if it seems appropriate. I am interested in any other thoughts, adjustments, suggestions, directions to the rubbish bin, etc.

Best,
Will