Zis-30

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Macconermaoile

Zis-30

Post by Macconermaoile »

If you do any more Russian lists, can you do stats for the Zis-30 and the 85mm AA gun, please.
Tom.

Peter

Re: Zis-30

Post by Peter »

Remember we are talking about a table whose long dimension is under 300 metres. I'm not sure an 85mm AA gun would be anything other than a target in this situation (same goes for a German 88 of course).

Peter

Vis Bellica

Post by Vis Bellica »

Yes, I agree.

Even in IABSM, with its larger ground scale, I usually use the German 88 as an off-table weapon, firing along a particular axis.

When it's card comes up, it can shoot at any target along its axis of fire, but is effectively invulnerable to return fire.

R

Macconermaoile

Post by Macconermaoile »

Point taken.
Thanks.

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger »

I believe this was done with an 88 in a CoC AAR where it was just deemed to be on over watch and firing along a straight road form off table. Needless to say the road was avoided like the plague from what I remember.

:evil: Ginger
Dark lord at large....

Vis Bellica

Post by Vis Bellica »

I think you're thinking of the IABSM Blenneville or Bust! Avaux scenario AARs on Vis Lardica. There's a nasty off-table 88 that does exactly that.

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger »

I think you are right Robert as there was a recent AAR on your site for that one & I am certain to have red it I certainly remember posting a link to it on our gaming forum the Big Bang Burger Bar

there is so much CoC about its easy to conflate it with oter similar but not Coc stuff.

:evil: Ginger
Dark lord at large....