Ambush Rule Query

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Eclaireur

Ambush Rule Query

Post by Eclaireur »

My panzerschrek teams uses a CoC dice to employ the ambush rule and brews his Sherman...
But he's got another Sherman on overwatch that gives me the good news - it's 3 points of shock so they're pinned.
So do the schrek team leave the table, having done their ambush turn or are they literally pinned there for the next phase?
EC

Archdukek

Re: Ambush Rule Query

Post by Archdukek »

The panzerschrek team are pinned in place by the Sherman’s fire and can’t withdraw. They’ve been caught.

John

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

29 Lets Go?
I agree with John, the interesting part is if they take 1 or 2 pts of shock and then leave the table, what happens to it? :roll:

Seret

Post by Seret »

Yep, agree pinned troops can't move so they're stuck there and can't withdraw. Another point of shock or a kill and they're done.
Truscott Trotter wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:43 pm
29 Lets Go?
I agree with John, the interesting part is if they take 1 or 2 pts of shock and then leave the table, what happens to it? :roll:
I'd say the shock is gone. They've gone to the rear, reorganised and had a breather and a chat about "phew that was close". It's only ever going to seem weird if you play two ambushes back to back, which isn't common.

Gun-Pit Paul

Post by Gun-Pit Paul »

I would say that it stays with them, until removed by a JL/SL. So the ldr will use a CI off-table before he is deployed. Or it can be removed when they enter the table proper. Hope that makes sense. Paul

Eclaireur

Post by Eclaireur »

Thanks people - makes sense. Just as well I chose another schrek team on the support options !

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Well Seret and GPP have summarised the two arguments we went through when it came up.

Both sides have their points.

Thank goodness it doesnt come up too often.😉

john de terre neuve

Post by john de terre neuve »

Funny almost came up in our game last night. I believe if they are pinned the shock should stay with them, until it can be removed.But what happens when and if the shock is removed. I would think they could not disappear and would act if they were deployed.

John

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

john de terre neuve wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:15 am
Funny almost came up in our game last night. I believe if they are pinned the shock should stay with them, until it can be removed.But what happens when and if the shock is removed. I would think they could not disappear and would act if they were deployed.

John
I’d agree. If it fails to withdraw at the end of the phase it ambushes then the team should be treated as having deployed and remain on table.

John

DCRBrown

Post by DCRBrown »

I'm with the last entry, (esp. as I'm Ec's opponent! ;) ).

If the Ambush has been deployed but is then pinned, the ambush has lost its ability to withdraw. It carried out the ambush but then couldn't withdraw due to enemy fire and is now deployed on the table top.

DB