CoC Pacific Book

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

oozeboss
Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Australia

Re: CoC Pacific Book: will be nice to have Gurkhas

Post by oozeboss »

JOHN_ROSE16 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:55 pm
Being released first. I can’t wait to convert some BF 15mm eigth army to become my Gurkha army!!!
Remember that Gurkhas fighting in the Asia-Pacific did not wear the same uniform as those fighting in the Middle East (Iraq, Syria, & Iran in 1941) or North Africa.

JOHN_ROSE16

Re: CoC Pacific Book: will be nice to have Gurkhas

Post by JOHN_ROSE16 »

oozeboss wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:34 am
JOHN_ROSE16 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:55 pm
Being released first. I can’t wait to convert some BF 15mm eigth army to become my Gurkha army!!!
Remember that Gurkhas fighting in the Asia-Pacific did not wear the same uniform as those fighting in the Middle East (Iraq, Syria, & Iran in 1941) or North Africa.
Other than the Indian army issue (slightly different) 1938 pattern webbing the two is pretty constant till 1944 a “new” uniform green and long pants (instead of shorts and hose) for
Jungle warfare. Some Indian army record on jungle training forbid shorts and insist of troops wearing pants (even when many took off their upper shirts to get some sun tan, the long pants remained uncut.
Though for the Gurkhas many would prefer the shorts with long hose (no on complaint though).
Well that was the end of “shorts” as an offical part of the British army uniform.

Truscott Trotter

Re: CoC Pacific Book

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Everyone wore shorts in the jungle in the British army.....until the first 6" leech went up your shorts

BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Wow!!! That's a different take on "Give blood!"
No plan survives first contact with the dice.

oozeboss
Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Australia

Post by oozeboss »

Truscott Trotter wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:12 am
Everyone wore shorts in the jungle in the British army.....until the first 6" leech went up your shorts
When I was a medic I assisted in an op to remove one from inside a soldier's penis. It was very much like slicing open a saveloy.

Nobody complained again about being big butch soldiers wearing pantie hose in swampy terrain after that one.

Corvusboreus

Post by Corvusboreus »

If I had a leech in the eye of my Jake, I reckon I'd choose salt over scalpel.
Walk softly and carry a big fish.

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Lit cigar end is fun

Corvusboreus

Post by Corvusboreus »

Truscott,
Should you ever offer to assist in rendering first aid to my person, remind me not to accept.
Especially should you happen to be smoking a cigar at the time.
Walk softly and carry a big fish.

Triplecdad

Post by Triplecdad »

Any idea if the Pacific book is being readied? My marines are itching to pull trigger.

Len Tracey

Post by Len Tracey »

The Asia-Pacific Handbook is being laid out as we speak. The specialized terrain rules have been finalized and are ready to go. Richard has started with the British Commonwealth forces and will progress through other nationalities in turn. At last count there were 42 Army lists to get through covering everything from Chinese, Japanese, Dutch, British, Indian, Australian, New Zealand, Canadian, US Army & Marines and several special units. Hopefully that will give something for everyone to try.
Cheers,
Len