US and DAK in Tunisia

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

AdrianC

US and DAK in Tunisia

Post by AdrianC »

Hi All,

I have a copy of the rules and am trying to interest my group in trying them out (currently we are all using Bolt Action). My BA army is for Kasserine pass through to then end of the campaign in Tunisa. Does anyone have lists for the US army, and the DAK covering that period?

Regards

Adrian

Capt Fortier

Re: US and DAK in Tunisia

Post by Capt Fortier »

Have a look at viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2922&sid=386c7ac84 ... 6e2589fe3e - remarkably comprehensive lists from a Spanish wargaming club including for the US and DAK in Tunisia
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Munin

Post by Munin »

One thing to keep in mind is that early in Operation Torch the bazooka was not widely distributed/used, and the platoon's organic 2-man bazooka team should be replaced with a 3-man 60mm mortar team. This structure carried on until the issues with the ignitor fuses on the bazooka were ironed out. To reflect this unreliability when I'm playing forces with early bazookas, I count doubles on the 2d6 "to hit" roll as a fizzle (meaning the ignitor doesn't fire and the rocket doesn't launch).

Neil Todd

Post by Neil Todd »

Interesting idea Munin, I treat them as green as from what I have read the teams didn't have much training and tended to expose themselves when firing. I might add your rule to my list as well.

oozeboss
Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Australia

Post by oozeboss »

Neil Todd wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:10 pm
I have read the teams didn't have much training and tended to expose themselves when firing.
:shock:

I'm amazed that Truscott Trotter hasn't already zeroed on to this line like a shark in dirty water. ;) :roll:

Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

A most insightful observation Mr Oozeboss, and an interpretation that I hadn't picked up until you so cleverly linked it to TT missing in action :lol:
I suspect Munin's house rule - counting doubles as a fizzle - could work either way you read it!
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

oozeboss
Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Australia

Post by oozeboss »

Capt Fortier wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:38 am
I suspect Munin's house rule - counting doubles as a fizzle - could work either way you read it!
:lol:

True. A line that has also resonated repeatedly throughout my social life. :roll:

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Just giving you chaps enough rope......😊