German Pioneers 1940

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

gebhk

Re: German Pioneers 1940

Post by gebhk »

That's because girls grow up to be women (and stop playing with dolls) and boys grow up to become big boys who continue playing with toy soldiers. This is an interspecies thing. All my female cats behaved with commendable maturity in their later years. My current tomcat still occasionally chases his own tail despite a very respectable age of 12. Go figure.

Contrarius

Post by Contrarius »

I’ve gone back to wearing shorts: don them for most of the summer. In the same way my interests have been regressing — first to Napoleonics, which I fell in love with at age 12; then to toy cars, roughly age 10 to 12; and now to WW2, which I was obsessed by from about age 7 to 11.

BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Contrarius wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:42 am
I’ve gone back to wearing shorts: don them for most of the summer.
Pretty much all year round for me, here in the UK; seldom wear long trousers unless we are going somewhere formal. I do get funny looks from her fellow commuters for wearing shorts during the winter when I pick my wife up from the local train station. I've also noticed, during the same part of the year, that the check-out ladies in the local supermarket tend to "process" my shopping rather more rapidly than that of "fully dressed" customers......
No plan survives first contact with the dice.

BaronVonWreckedoften

gebhk wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:56 pm
That's because girls grow up to be women (and stop playing with dolls).....
.....but keep hold of cuddly/soft toys like teddy bears etc (in my wife's case a lion in a pith helmet - but then she is a Leo).

We seem to have wandered slightly off piste, don't we? 8-)

genew49

Post by genew49 »

Here in Florida it’s shorts,shorts, shorts for those of us who are retired. If we’ve wandered off I’ll wear hiking shorts. If we’ve wandered off piste I’ll put on long pants.... and a flask.

Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

genew49 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:01 pm
...If we’ve wandered off piste I’ll put on long pants.... and a flask.
I find the flask usually comes first, and then I wander off piste, sometimes sans pants...
Capt Fortier

“Un optimiste, c'est un homme qui plante deux glands et qui s'achète un hamac.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

PS: I was wondering how this might relate to German Pioneers in 1940, but I think the flasks and wandering off piste has got us back on topic ;)
Capt Fortier

“Un optimiste, c'est un homme qui plante deux glands et qui s'achète un hamac.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

jony663

Post by jony663 »

Capt Fortier wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:06 am
PS: I was wondering how this might relate to German Pioneers in 1940, but I think the flasks and wandering off piste has got us back on topic ;)
I was wonder that to, and I started this thread.

BaronVonWreckedoften

I've no doubt that, at some point during either Fall Gelb or Fall Rot, some German pioneers wandered off piste without their flasks. And pants.

There. Now we're nicely back on message......(no need to thank me!).

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »