Source for one-off Scenarios

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

gcoops

Source for one-off Scenarios

Post by gcoops »

I almost always play games as part of a campaign but I'm looking for a source of one-off scenarios, especially those scenarios that may make a good introduction to the game. Even better if they are free! Any one have any suggestions where I might find "off the shelf" "pick-up and play" scenarios apart from creating my own?
Thanks

7dot62mm

Re: Source for one-off Scenarios

Post by 7dot62mm »

Many small ASL scenarios make good Big CoC scenarios and there are hundreds online. But there is typiclaly nothing "pick up and play" about them, I find I need to do lots of preparation.

Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

Bill Purves did what he called "a scenario series" using the six scenarios in the core rules and built around Operation Slapstick (British vs German around Taranto, c. Sept 43). The link from his website was broken but I've got a copy of it (which I must have downloaded from there earlier or from elsewhere?) which says "use freely give credit" so have made it available here with credit and thanks to Mr Purves.
Capt Fortier

“Un optimiste, c'est un homme qui plante deux glands et qui s'achète un hamac.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

batesmotel34

Post by batesmotel34 »

Many of the Skirmish Campaigns books have scenarios adaptable for CoC. I've often used that as a source for one offs. Also, the Winter Storm campaign book was written before the CoC campaign rules were out so is essentially a good set of Eastern Front scenarios.

Chris