Le CoC Indochine

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

FreddBloggs

Re: Le CoC Indochine

Post by FreddBloggs » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:27 pm

Yeah I know, even worse I want a French Unit for something else entirely, but the IndoChine look is the one I am after for them.

Joemoore78

Post by Joemoore78 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:02 pm

Are there any other sources for 28mm DBP era figures? Red Star's are amazing.
Thanks,
-Joe

Thomas Nissvik

Post by Thomas Nissvik » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:22 am

I have been looking at The Assault Group. They have figures for the Vietnam War, but some of them carry older weapons such as MAT49 and might be usable.
http://www.theassaultgroup.co.uk/store/home.php?cat=19

dalemunk

Post by dalemunk » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:55 am

Thomas, I was looking at some French stuff last night, and it seems the BEP (Bataillon Etrangère Parachutistes - FFL Paratroopers) also had a 2" mortar at Platoon HQ, with 2 crew. Osprey also mentions the Sections at 15 men, rather than 10.

That would make it look like this:

Platoon HQ:
1 Senior Leader with SMG Lt
1 Senior Leader with SMG NCO
2" inch mortar with 2 crew

Sections 1 to 3, each:
1 Junior Leader with SMG
1 LMG with 3 crew
11 SMG/rilemen men

Company level supports:
57mm Recoilless (1 per company)
60mm mortars
.30 MMG

Batallion level supports:
57mm Recoilless
81mm mortars
.30 MMG

Then again, these are paper strengths, and looking at the appalling French losses throughout the campaign, I doubt they would ever have made those in reality...

/Koen

Risaldar Singh

Post by Risaldar Singh » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:45 pm

I've added a ressource page to my blog where I plan to host the TO&Es and pamphlets I copied in te French military archives: http://1project2far.blogspot.com/p/indo ... urces.html

For the moment it has:

Organisation militaire Viet Minh (Etat-Major Général, 2e Bureau - September 1953)
This large study of Viet Minh military organisation was produced by the Military Intelligence branch of the Indochina General Staff. Amongst other things this contains TO&Es from page 65 (from rifle group to division) and a glossary of Vietminh military terms and designations from page 106.

Tactiques et procédés de combat Viet Minh (Etat-Major Général, 2e Bureau - April 1953)
A French Military Intelligence report on Viet Minh tactics including fives annexes with after action reports on typical engagements.

Tableaux d'effectifs et de dotation des troupes aéroportées en Indochine (1950)
1950 parachute battalion TO&E.

Tableaux d'effectifs et de dotation des troupes aéroportées en Indochine (1951)
1951 parachute battalion TO&E.

I know I'm a tease because you're all waiting for the para TO&Es for 1954 but it'll have to wait a bit. ;-) I can confirm that in theory the 1954 para platoon had three "teams" which would translate as two squads (LMG and riflemen) and one grenade thrower team of 3 guys with a 50mm mortar, the Lance grenades M.A.C de 50 mm modèle 1937: http://www.musee-infanterie.com/objet/386-

commissarmoody

Post by commissarmoody » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:31 am

So any thing new on a TO&E for the Vietminh and French forces? Any thing new on national characteristics?

powermonger

Post by powermonger » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:45 pm

I am working on lists and national characteristics for Chu-Luc & Foreign Legion platoons.
It obviously just my vision, but will post them soon in our blog.