Couple Rules Questions

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

volt875

Couple Rules Questions

Post by volt875 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:31 pm

Hey all. Just played my first game of Chain of Command last night. It was cool but a couple of questions came up during the game that I couldn't find the answer for. Any help would be much appreciated.

1) When a light mortar team runs out of ammo for double ones what happens? Are they just kinda there for the rest of the match or do they become regular riflemen?

2) This one is a bit specific. You have a team of 6 soldiers around the back of a building. The enemy goes to shoot them but can only see 1 member of the team. How does that work? Does the team just count as having cover or is the max number of kills 1 because that is all that can be seen?

Also this one just came to me. Are there any rules for destroying buildings or walls with something like a tank shell?

Quackstheking

Re: Couple Rules Questions

Post by Quackstheking » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:41 pm

Answers:

1. Yes they can become a two man rifle team- beware not to over expose them or you will face a BTH for a team routed!

2. You can only kill what you can see so only 1 casualty possible. The exception is the Junior Leader who could be hit as he is assumed to be moving about.

3. Buildings can be destroyed if hit by HE and 4 6’s are rolled see 10.3.6.

Hope that helps

Don

DougM

Re: Couple Rules Questions

Post by DougM » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:54 pm

I'll try to answer this. In my view, your light mortar team if it is part of the original platoon (not a support option) can be reassigned as riflemen to a squad or section by a senior leader. My personal preference would be to not do this, as mortar-men are skilled and valuable, so shouldn't be used as 'grunts'.

In the second case, I would limit the number of casualties to what is visible. There are counter-arguments, but given the game works at a level of detail that requires us to figure out who's leaning out of a window, I think this is in keeping.

Tank shells are assumed to be HE when firing at buildings, if 3 |(or maybe 4?) sixes are rolled when firing HE at a building it can collapse. AP would just go right through.
---------------------------------------------
https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/
---------------------------------------------