Unit Facing

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

chris cornwell

Re: Unit Facing

Post by chris cornwell »

Capt Fortier wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:31 am
So the right way to read it is that figures within the same unit should be able to shoot provided the figure has a clear line of sight even if the gap is smaller than 2".
Pretty much.
I allow 2 ranks within a team for 28mm figures given base sizes/groundscale etc, but if turning in place to a flank then it’s probably only going to be 2 or 3 figures who can fire

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Capt Fortier wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:31 am
So the right way to read it is that figures within the same unit should be able to shoot provided the figure has a clear line of sight even if the gap is smaller than 2".
It appears so

Atkins

Post by Atkins »

Hi
Thanks for that, I feel the only way to get extra field of fire is to spend a CI to create a new unit. These figures (well any in fact) can rotate not counting as moment and fire at full effect.
Atkins

Munin

Post by Munin »

Sure, just remember that if they split team is still within 4" of the parent unit at the end of the Phase, it automatically gets "re-absorbed."

Atkins

Post by Atkins »

Munin wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:17 pm
Sure, just remember that if they split team is still within 4" of the parent unit at the end of the Phase, it automatically gets "re-absorbed."
Hi

Though 4.5.7 can be read that way it rather defies logic. The JL has ordered some guys to cover say the left flank. Yes they can automatically rejoin if that is what the player wants otherwise I see them continuing as a separate unit.

Atkins

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Atkins wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:56 am
Hi

Though 4.5.7 can be read that way it rather defies logic. The JL has ordered some guys to cover say the left flank. Yes they can automatically rejoin if that is what the player wants otherwise I see them continuing as a separate unit.

Atkins
Section 4.5.7 isn’t optional. If an ad hoc team moves back within 4” of the rest of the squad it is reabsorbed into the squad automatically. The player has no choice other than having the JL use a CI to recreate the team and send it off again.

In any case you don’t need to create a separate team to cover your left flank or rear, simply position some of the figures in your squad to face in those directions. If they maintain unit integrity by being within 4” of the rest of the squad they can be activated to fire when the rest of the unit is activated to fire. If only they have targets within their line of sight and firing arc then only they will fire.

John

Dbsubashi

Post by Dbsubashi »

Just a note, Infantry models can turn in place and not count as moving. Moving models can face in any direction at the end of their move.

Atkins

Post by Atkins »

There is some ambiguity here. The rules talk about "moving back" and "returning to rejoin". In fact if one creates a unit to face another direction it has not moved away so it can not move back:( Indeed a JL could create a scout unit which subsequently due to bad dice does not get for inches away and so perhaps is reabsorbed by the parent unit, which does not seem realistic. So I am having difficulty in what the intention actually is. I can certainly envisage a leader ordering members of his section to cover different arcs.

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Just rotate the reqiired figures in the required directions as part of an activation
Simples
No need fo new teams