Blitzkrieg- victory conditions

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

john de terre neuve

Blitzkrieg- victory conditions

Post by john de terre neuve »

Victory conditions-we are about to start the scenario. My opponent say that he can bring supports on before he has 2 CoC dice. He also says that once he gets 2 CoC dice he automatically Wins?

Is this correct?

Fred Worthingham

Re: Blitzkrieg- victory conditions

Post by Fred Worthingham »

Yes John, that is correct.

He can bring on his chosen supports as normal but the accumulation of two CoC dice represents the arrival of higher level/more substantial support which would easily hold off the attack and therefore represents a win for him as his force has held out long enough for that to happen. However, you can use a full CoC dice to reduce one of his CoC dice by 3 pips at any point in the game (i.e. not necessarily during your own phase).

As I am sure you will appreciate, you will need to push hard and take risks to beat the "clock" (accumulation of the 2 dice) and may find you want to use any CoC dice you get to move a jump off point forward to facilitate getting two units off the table. I've played or run it 5 times now and it's been nip and tuck 4 of the 5 times.

Enjoy.

Charley

john de terre neuve

Thanks Fred, I really appreciate your speedy reply (faster then FB).

I was completely shocked by this and have to say that I hard a hard time believing my opponent.

So we played the game as you have outlined above. He was playing the Chasseurs Ardenais so has a CoC dice to start! The game was over in 3-4 phases despite me having 22 supports. I think he racked up 6 more additional pips on his CoC dice while I had 1 or 2. Victory to the defender.

Since the game was so quick, we played it again in the same session and this time I was a little more mentally prepared, I will post a report but with the appropriate supports and a little better dicing I was able to win.

I have decided to Blitzkreig table 6 ( we are playing the Too Many Rivers campaign). Save that for after Xmas.

John

Peter

Post by Peter »

Not sure that having a pre-loaded coc die wwas considered in this scenario. I'd consider put it to one side as far as ending the game is concerned.

Tomm

Post by Tomm »

Yeah, reading it, the phrase is 'play two complete COC dice'. So, _technically_ it's legal, but I'd say it's bad form. You need to GAIN two complete COC dice, IMO.

john de terre neuve

Yes, I think having a preloaded CoC dice was never considered in the scenario design, but I was playing against the Chasseurs Ardennais who just happen to have one. My opponent to be fair offered to re-consider it but I was so flabbergasted by the scenario victory conditions itself, I let it go.

Not withstanding, on the 2nd go I was able to take the table and have decided to Blitzkreig the next table to prevent the Belgians from getting a dice roll on the bridge destruction table (still on turn 5). I have a completely intact force so I felt it was a good move.

John