Takin gembloux gap part 6

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Truscott Trotter

Re: Takin gembloux gap part 6

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Well watched it all now and just goes to show what endless firing with no response does to a game
Glad we changed those rules 12 months ago

DougM

Post by DougM »

yep, it was a bit of a disaster of a game for Nick. Personally I would say a 5' garden wall counts as hard cover. I will just mention in passing that Phil Barker famously didn't know what his own rules said and had to have it pointed out to him in games.
---------------------------------------------
https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/
---------------------------------------------

Jiefu

Post by Jiefu »

The turning point was the cunning dice swap. Keen observers would note that both multiple phase runs were executed with the same set of coc dice.

Jiefu

Post by Jiefu »

I think Richards post game accounting of losses was wrong. In game he lost 3 Men from his platoon, but since his morale was greater than three more than nicks morale when the game ended, then his losses would be reduced to nil.

MLB

Post by MLB »

Jiefu wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:16 pm
I think Richards post game accounting of losses was wrong. In game he lost 3 Men from his platoon, but since his morale was greater than three more than nicks morale when the game ended, then his losses would be reduced to nil.
Every video is full of WTF moments. Plenty of rules missed or misplayed, to the point you need to advise newbies to watch with caution.
The Tactical Painter https://thetacticalpainter.blogspot.com
Painting little soldiers for tactical battles on the table top

Jiefu

Post by Jiefu »

I'm sure filming most games and post analysing would reveal numerous errors. I must say it has been entertaining and has prompted me to buy th campaign supplement, 1940 supplement and the pint sized campaign, which I am enjoying.

Slynx

Post by Slynx »

I enjoyed watching the game, and I know that there were mistakes made but clarifications can always be sought on the forums here if necessary.

I was wondering why Nicks HMG went behind the wall, where it looked like he could have manned the hedge row instead, and been a few inchs further back so that his MG could hose the edge of the wood at close range whilst the germans return fire would have been at long range. It would have been worth the drop in cover from hard to soft (as he never realised that it wasnt hard cover at that point).