Recce Troop

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Eclaireur

Re: Recce Troop

Post by Eclaireur »

Many thanks for that headgehobbit ... I would be interested to do a scenario of the 29th Infantry Division cavalry entering Saint Lo in July 1944. It seems from accounts of their action that a hybrid unit with M8 armoured cars and jeep mounted troops would be appropriate. I would be interested if you had any further references to how these folks operated,
EC

Groupe_Franc

Post by Groupe_Franc »

Hedgehobbit:
I'd very much like to see your list for the U.S. armored cavalry. I've been meditating on these units. Maybe shoot me a PM? I'm close to out of my depth.<grin>.

poiter50

Post by poiter50 »

C'mom, Nick Sninner, where are those gun barrels from? The ones on your 3D printed ACs.

bp1

Post by bp1 »

I think it might be here -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/Quickwheel-a ... =820883719

Fine if your doing vehicles in 1/48 but the majority of mine are 1/56, so my 3D prints are making do with some oversized barrels at the moment. Call it psychological warfare if you will ;)

DougM

Post by DougM »

Oh FFS, and it was only recently everyone was telling me that email was passe and the forums were the way to communicate. Now its like a Monty Python sketch, Spam, Spam, Spam...
---------------------------------------------
https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/
---------------------------------------------

Munin

Post by Munin »

It could be worse - it could be Facebook, where the idiotic spam comes from your friends and family.

poiter50

Post by poiter50 »

So the Daimler Armoured Cars pair up with Daimler Dingos, what happens if the "gun" ACs are Humber Mk IVs, do they have Humber Scout Cars as their little buddies? And which units ran them as their Armoured Car or Recce Troop?

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

poiter50

Post by poiter50 »

Confusing and conflicting although it appears that there were more Humber ACs in Infantry Divs although there were some in Armoured Divs. I think I will print a couple of Humbers with Dingo Scouts.

Thanks for the links. Do you still want a 221, TT? 28mm?