Russian naval troops

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Truscott Trotter

Re: Russian naval troops

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Here is a good general overview and some great photos of the Black Death.
https://figurementors.com/Theory%20Hubs ... r-battles/

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

DougM wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:47 pm
I think the problem is that we don't differentiate well between, 'enthusiatic, willing to accept losses' and 'tactically astute' - it was noted in the Napoleonic Wars, and the ACW, that you could get raw troops to attempt things that veterans would shake their heads at. Great examples in period were the hugely experienced British infantry divisions in 1944 and 1945, who were tactically adept, but had reached a point where after 5 years of war, they were not prepared to do much more dieing, it was someone else's turn.

Arguably, Green troops should get a + to force morale, and veterans a - much more likely to concede the field when outfought.

Good points Doug and I have often pondered them myself in FoW the Naval troops were Fearless trained so high moral but average skill.

In CoC you could add levels to their FM or like make a specific chart for them like in Blitzkrieg were they do not lose command dice as early, or both?

Tomm

Post by Tomm »

The late war commissar rules from Citadel might make em a lot more effective by letting them burn off shock relatively quickly

Petek

Post by Petek »

There is an interesting thread on playing Russian Naval Troops in the Off Topic section of this Forum.
https://toofatlardies.co.uk/forum/viewt ... 6&start=10

redmist1122

Post by redmist1122 »

I have built a company size force with my Soviet naval guys...too many cool figures out there...and the project turned from a platoon to company. This was also partly designed for BIG Chain of Command..which worked out well in the few games they were fielded. Both at Platoon and company level.

So I rate them as regulars as mentioned above. The FOW page has a nigh break out of their history and their bad-assness...is that a word? Anyways. I couldn't see them as green. The regular army...yes! Bottom line, play them both in green and regular status...get your feel of the game. It is your game.

Good luck!
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA