YOUTUBE CHANNEL CYL TV

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Trailape

YOUTUBE CHANNEL CYL TV

Post by Trailape » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:19 am

Hi folks
I've launched my own YouTube Channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfqoT8 ... yjnonXJAwg

Called ‘Check Your Leader TV' I'll be sharing Video Battle Reports (VBR) and Tips on wargaming with a focus on Too Fat Lardies Games like Chain Of Command and Sharp Practice.
I'm always keen to receive constructive criticism and feedback.
Currently there are several videos uploaded with the aim to be at least one every week.
At the moment the VBRs cover CoC and Napoleonic SP but other periods will be covered.
UBIQUE
I AM MY BROTHER'S KEEPER

Munin

Re: YOUTUBE CHANNEL CYL TV

Post by Munin » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:13 pm

I will definitely be checking this one out. Love the name. :)

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:31 pm

Have watched a few of their vids now. Good stuff interesting to see the planning before the gamel.
Bit like being at a company "O" group :D

Trailape

Post by Trailape » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:03 pm

Truscott Trotter wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:31 pm
Have watched a few of their vids now. Good stuff interesting to see the planning before the gamel.
Bit like being at a company "O" group :D
Thanks for the comments :)
Yes,.. well I started off with very simple ‘briefings’ and have gradually built upon that.
We’re going to kick off a full play through of a PSC in a week or so and I intend to give complete ‘O Group’ prior to each game with a ‘detailed Orders’ from Game 1 with a operational brief.
It’s my aim to create a more ‘immersive’ experience for the viewer.
:D
I AM MY BROTHER'S KEEPER

c0cky30

Post by c0cky30 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:36 am

Loving the reports.

Dbsubashi

Post by Dbsubashi » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:28 am

Very nicely done! Subscribed!

SteveC

Post by SteveC » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:22 am

Had a look also and hit the subscribe button too. Did a bit of quick background reading from 2 books in my library which cover this. Charles Whiting's book, Ike's Last Battle wasn't much good as it's not really about this, covering it only in limited detail. The other one is The Fighting Wessex Wyverns by Patrick Delaforce. The 43rd Div was one of the divisions involved in the drive on Bremen and what is clear is that the rifle strength of the infantry units was pretty depleted, some battalions down to about a quarter of their paper establishment (43rd suffered 12,484 casualties between 24/06/44 & 05/05/45). So the British platoons should also be under strength - perhaps 8 men each and with no 4th rifle company.

The Wessex Div used the Recce Regt extensively as it's lead, so a section of Daimler A/Cs should be part of the support options.

Trailape

Post by Trailape » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:09 pm

SteveC wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:22 am
Had a look also and hit the subscribe button too. Did a bit of quick background reading from 2 books in my library which cover this. Charles Whiting's book, Ike's Last Battle wasn't much good as it's not really about this, covering it only in limited detail. The other one is The Fighting Wessex Wyverns by Patrick Delaforce. The 43rd Div was one of the divisions involved in the drive on Bremen and what is clear is that the rifle strength of the infantry units was pretty depleted, some battalions down to about a quarter of their paper establishment (43rd suffered 12,484 casualties between 24/06/44 & 05/05/45). So the British platoons should also be under strength - perhaps 8 men each and with no 4th rifle company.

The Wessex Div used the Recce Regt extensively as it's lead, so a section of Daimler A/Cs should be part of the support options.
Fortunately my Battalion Commander made sure my company was brought up to ‘O Loc’ (Full strength) prior to forming the BATTLEGROUP.😁
Unfortunately no Daimler ACs are available 🙁
I AM MY BROTHER'S KEEPER