Off Table Machine Guns

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Captain W Martin
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 pm

Off Table Machine Guns

Post by Captain W Martin » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:47 am

Hi all

In a phase where you have several 5's is multiple activation of the same Off table MG allowed?

Would you allow it to be used for an intreupt with a CoC dice?

D

User avatar
Truscott Trotter
Posts: 7066
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:11 pm
Location: Tasmania the Southernmost CoC in the world

Re: Off Table Machine Guns

Post by Truscott Trotter » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:49 am

Nope
Yup
😚🙂🔫

Archdukek
Posts: 4745
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:49 pm
Location: Linlithgow, West Lothian, UK

Re: Off Table Machine Guns

Post by Archdukek » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:17 pm

You can never activate a weapon team multiple times in a phase so I'd say No too.

As to using Interrupt, the rule specifically refers to activating a unit "on the table" which has not been activated so RAW the answer is No. However, off table MGs are a later addition to the rules so I'd be inclined to allow it.

John

calumma
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:26 am

Re: Off Table Machine Guns

Post by calumma » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:12 pm

Similar question re pre-game barrage. Does an off table machine gun have to roll when it is first activated to shoot? It's not deploying on the table so RAW no. But it's a later addition and presumably not that far away so should still be affected by the barrage?

Archdukek
Posts: 4745
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:49 pm
Location: Linlithgow, West Lothian, UK

Re: Off Table Machine Guns

Post by Archdukek » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:16 pm

calumma wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:12 pm
Similar question re pre-game barrage. Does an off table machine gun have to roll when it is first activated to shoot? It's not deploying on the table so RAW no. But it's a later addition and presumably not that far away so should still be affected by the barrage?
Yes it's a later addition to the rules, but in the absence of any specific rule I would treat it like any other support asset and require it to roll as if under a pre-game barrage.

John

User avatar
Capt Fortier
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:49 am
Location: Canberra, Australia

Re: Off Table Machine Guns

Post by Capt Fortier » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:38 pm

Archdukek wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:16 pm
calumma wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:12 pm
Similar question re pre-game barrage. Does an off table machine gun have to roll when it is first activated to shoot? It's not deploying on the table so RAW no. But it's a later addition and presumably not that far away so should still be affected by the barrage?
Yes it's a later addition to the rules, but in the absence of any specific rule I would treat it like any other support asset and require it to roll as if under a pre-game barrage.

John
Agreed - given that the idea of a pre-game barrage disrupts rear and communication areas so making getting to the table more difficult, that is exactly where the off-table machine guns are!
Capt Fortier

“Un optimiste, c'est un homme qui plante deux glands et qui s'achète un hamac.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Neil Todd
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:59 pm

Re: Off Table Machine Guns

Post by Neil Todd » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:31 am

Capt Fortier wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:38 pm
Archdukek wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:16 pm
calumma wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:12 pm
Similar question re pre-game barrage. Does an off table machine gun have to roll when it is first activated to shoot? It's not deploying on the table so RAW no. But it's a later addition and presumably not that far away so should still be affected by the barrage?
Yes it's a later addition to the rules, but in the absence of any specific rule I would treat it like any other support asset and require it to roll as if under a pre-game barrage.

John
Agreed - given that the idea of a pre-game barrage disrupts rear and communication areas so making getting to the table more difficult, that is exactly where the off-table machine guns are!
So by extension anything off table would have the shock associated with it from a Stuka attack? So an off table MMG will have shock and no way of removing it? Sounds like a book keeping nightmare to me. I would keep it simple and not worry about it.

User avatar
Truscott Trotter
Posts: 7066
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:11 pm
Location: Tasmania the Southernmost CoC in the world

Re: Off Table Machine Guns

Post by Truscott Trotter » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:32 am

Interesting point Neil.

chris cornwell
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: Richmond, Surrey

Re: Off Table Machine Guns

Post by chris cornwell » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:29 am

Image
Last edited by chris cornwell on Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

chris cornwell
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: Richmond, Surrey

Re: Off Table Machine Guns

Post by chris cornwell » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:31 am

chris cornwell wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:29 am
I would keep it simple and not worry about it.
Call yourself a wargamer!! :twisted

Post Reply