Blitzkreig German support lists

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Peter

Re: Blitzkreig German support lists

Post by Peter » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:18 pm

Since no other support comes as a whole platoon, with ammunition vehicles yet, I think a single vehicle in support would not be wrong; maybe the others are a few hundred metres away on one flank or another.

DougM

Post by DougM » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:20 pm

It's just such a cute vehicle. I used one in a game and it got badly shot up by a Panhard A/C
---------------------------------------------
https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/
---------------------------------------------

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:43 pm

Thanks Joe I am not sure they are such a game winner compared with the Stug A or even Bison, but ever since my FOW days I have had a soft spot for the little beggers.

Joe Neg

Post by Joe Neg » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:49 pm

Roger that, TT.

I have two painted up - as you never know when you are going to need a full section of Panzerjagers!!! Thinking about trying to develop a PSC for Stonne as I KNOW they were used there (plus one could flip the script for 1940 and have the French attacking - well, counterattacking really - and the Germans on the defensive).

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:54 pm

Well seeing as the High Command won't let me have AT rifles to deal with those pesky Char B and Souma's 😉

Joe Neg

Post by Joe Neg » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:56 pm

Truscott Trotter wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:54 pm
Well seeing as the High Command won't let me have AT rifles to deal with those pesky Char B and Souma's 😉
Precisely the kind of rationale that ALL sane wargamers should use to justify their choices! LOL

oozeboss
Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Australia

Post by oozeboss » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:42 pm

Truscott Trotter wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:54 pm
I just think that Char B's & S35's are Shabby Gallic Tricks, personally.

(And don't get me started on Mathilda II's!) :twisted:
"We are all worms.
But I do believe that I am a glow-worm."

Winston Churchill

gebhk

Post by gebhk » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:50 am

Peter wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:18 pm
Since no other support comes as a whole platoon, with ammunition vehicles yet, I think a single vehicle in support would not be wrong; maybe the others are a few hundred metres away on one flank or another.
Its the fundamental problem of the fact that in RL this sort of support (an indeed pretty much all support), would be given to a much higher level unit than a platoon. In much the same way as a bus company employing a firm of accountants does not imply a bus could take a single chartered accountant to support its operations!. If anything a rifle platoon could have been detailed to provide security for the Panzerjaeger platoon not the other way around.

However this very much depends on how far you want to recreate history vs just want to play a game with cool toys. I have no set feelings either way, but if you have all the info, you can decide for yourself.

Bestest
K

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:01 pm

I disagree .
Support was allocated to the point of the spear.

Admittedly this was often a compay or battalion but this is a platoon based game.

Suggest a diffetent scale of game?

Ps There is a common misconception that support is allocated proportionally its not..... ever.

bvera

Post by bvera » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:16 pm

I’m planning to build a German early war army Thais autumn and after reading the 1940 handbook I have some questions:
1/ Why no list features as support the AT rifle?
2/ are all the different pioneer teams (wire cutting, demolition ,etc) made of two models?
3/ The Pioneer Squad support has the same composition as in page 94 (LMG team + rifle team with 12 men)?
4/ I’m working wit 28mm scale. Is there a manufacturer offering a model for the Sig33 Bison ?

Thank for the help
Benito
...and visit my blog! http://mylardiesgames.blogspot.com.es/