BLOODY BUCKET

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

mgluteus

BLOODY BUCKET

Post by mgluteus » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:49 pm

Setting Up The Campaign (BLOODY BUCKET)
"The US Player will have 6 platoons, one on each map!"

OK. So my platoon on Map 2 lost as my opponent was able to probe the position behind me (which, by the way, was in a direction off to the NW -assuming the top of the map is N-near the single red house on the road and not along the trail of the campaign as he attacked from pt. A!). My Platoon had no casualties but lost because the enemy probe was successful. Is that platoon lost or does it withdraw toward Map 3 - remember the probe went in another direction)? The probing enemy platoon attacked me on Map 3 from position 2 and was repulsed. Can the German platoon withdraw to point B or must it retreat to Map 2 ?

If my Platoon retreats to Map 3 what happened to the platoon that already was on Map 3 according to the sentence above in italics? If there can it be the unit to counterattack the Germans on Map 2 if they are forced to move there?
Dick Bryant

batesmotel34

Re: BLOODY BUCKET

Post by batesmotel34 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:59 pm

Dick,

My reading of the campaign is that each US platoon stays associated with the map it started on by default. So if the Germans have taken Map 2 your remaining force is lost. The discussion of a counterattack seems to only be with the platoon from an adjacent position using a portion of the forces from there (since you must leave some behind).

Chris

mgluteus

Re: BLOODY BUCKET

Post by mgluteus » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:55 pm

Sounds right! Thanks.
Dick B