MLB

Re: Turn 4-Von Luck Campaign

Post by MLB » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:50 am

Seret wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:16 pm
Truscott Trotter wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:31 pm
As defender I would simply deploy behind the building and wait. 🤗
I played the Germans in this campaign, and this is definitely what I'd advise anyone playing as the Paras to do!

You know there's a strong likelihood of the big gun showing up. Don't deploy in the forward edge of terrain, or in buildings that have a line of fire to where the gun will be. Especially in the "Church on the Flank" scenario, if you deploy within LOS of the Germans, they'll just sit back and batter you into oblivion. Run a sort of reverse-slope type defence instead.
Yeah agree with that approach completely. Very tempting to defend the Church with a forward defence and catch the Germans crossing the open ground. That might work against an inexperienced player but if the Germans play to their strength they can put a lot of firepower on the defender. I tried what Andy suggests when I played the scenario and the game was a close run thing where the Germans were never able to concentrate all that available firepower. Just re-read my AAR and it reminded me what a close game it was, it’s here if anyone’s interested http://thetacticalpainter.blogspot.com/ ... ch-on.html
The Tactical Painter https://thetacticalpainter.blogspot.com
Painting little soldiers for tactical battles on the table top

Quackstheking

Post by Quackstheking » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:28 am

Whilst I agree that buildings could be targeted as suggested, in the timeframe of a CoC scenario, if a building collapsed there would likely be a huge dust cloud from the building collapsing which probably should block LoS!

Don

john de terre neuve

Post by john de terre neuve » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:48 pm

More food for thought. I am elaborating on this thread with further questions on a new thread. viewtopic.php?f=35&t=10950