TTS - would anyone like to play online?

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

stevothedivo

TTS - would anyone like to play online?

Post by stevothedivo »

Dear all
due to distance and commitments it is hard for me to organize "live games"
CoC is my favourite rule system and I am confident the Bolt Action mods for TTS can be used for it.
Does anyone play on Steam? If so would you like to set up a game?

FYI (ie for those who don't know of it..) TableTop Simulator is a sandbox gaming system on Steam where assets are designed by the community (in our case gamers making models of....well...miniatures!)
You set up a table as you would in real life with models (normally just load a pre-made map, load assets (ie your "collection" of virtual miniatures) and set up as you would normally. The program gives no input as to rules or automate anything, so you have to move your miniatures on the table precisely as you would in real life using tape measures etc...
You roll dice, discuss over webchat or headphones - it's just like being in the same room.

In Europe I used to play online via webcam with a friend in Germany so I know "remote gaming" can work.
If you'd like to give it a shot - my email is stevothedivo@gmail.com

Please email me to set up a time (I am in AEST +10 - Brisbane, AU) or further information
TIA
Steven

PS for further research and to see if it's something you might like, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM17XxzGdM0 or research "Steam TTS Bolt Action"
Here is a battle report for NUTS using the game engine
https://medium.com/@pzrjager39/nuts-tan ... 91d5c0abd3
We would not use that ruleset but the excellent TLF rules, but the assets for that game including maps are well established and complete collections to draw from.
Regards

Archdukek

Re: TTS - would anyone like to play online?

Post by Archdukek »

Hi Steven,
You might want to know that there is already some discussion on this on the Tabletop CP Facebook page which has a lot of Chain of Command content. Zachary Sweetland has been working on a CoC module for this system and is currently testing it out.

John

Gorgeous_George95

Post by Gorgeous_George95 »

This sounds interesting. How does the simulator work? Is it a game you have to install?

stevothedivo

Post by stevothedivo »

Thank you to the gentlemen who have emailed me.
I'll check the Tabletop CP group - much appreciated!
In reply to the above - yes the game must be purchased and installed like any other (the investment is about $30)
That said it then requires "in theory" the downloading of modules as it's just an empty shell to begin with.
Basically the module (which I was going to install Bolt Action for) downloads miniatures in 3D (no they can't be printed by the way - I have tried!) which are manipulated in the environment much as if you were sitting across from each other on a table.
The table itself is downloaded a 3D map of varying quality and there are buildings (some with interiors, some without) and you generate dice, a cheat sheet, rules, JoP etc...

And that's it. You stack your minis on the edge of the table and play Chain of Command.
Move the JoP markers to establish the points, roll morale, roll 5 dice for turn 1...
There are no "rules" if that's you mean. It's a virtual environment to play games on at a distance.
No engine running the stats, no automations - you manipulate the table with your mouse much as if you were in real life. Move the miniatures yourself, that sort of thing.

I have played Warmaster and 40k on it with players across the world - but CoC is my poison of choice so if I can organize to play more of this amazing TFL system with others - that's an amazing experience.

By the by I have realised I have lost the bluetooth dongle for my headphones so I have one on order from Logitech.
Soon as that's in I'll be all set up to play (as I truly believe a headset is fundamental to communicate as typing would be really tedious in the chat window playing a game like CoC online)
Should be a couple weeks til dongle is in according to eBay

stevothedivo

Post by stevothedivo »

Is this the TableTop CP in question, please?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1918568131496903/
or this one?
https://www.facebook.com/TabletopCP/

Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I believe they are the same one.
Use the Consolidated Arsenal! It's here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... E/htmlview

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Yes they are the same group. The first link is to a more recent posting.

John

Kiwi

Post by Kiwi »

Hey all

Phil here aka:Kiwi

Steve an I , played COC last night on TTS an this is only my second wargame ever , not knowing the rules 100% but I've watched a few utube vids on how to play so I was all fingers an thumbs lol.

Steve, was a true Gentleman an Scholar not many of us left, helping myself out on many occasion during our 3 hours of fun an laughs.
So Steve thank you very much, an I forgot to give you a good old hardy handshake for the great game at the end, of course which Steve won.

Were planning on mission two, an I'm looking forward to it.
Wargaming

Chain Of Command, Bolt Action, Flames Of War, Kings Of War an
Kings Of War Vanguard.

:roll: The games I like to play :roll:

Travh20

Post by Travh20 »

We have indeed been testing TTS for CoC. Zach has done all the work of course, I am just helping him test it. We did a video demo of the game last night and it should be on the Tabletop CP YouTube channel very soon. While the module is still in its early stages it is playable. After Zach gets all the proper permissions from the lardies and the names of all the people he wants to acknowledge for the graphics he is using he will release it on Steam.
Chain of Command/Sharp Practice video battle reports and more at https://www.youtube.com/user/travh20

stevothedivo

Post by stevothedivo »

Thank you Phil for a great game. Really enjoyed the experience and look forward to more!
It made for a really interesting experience to have the Patrol Phase force us to play long rather than lengthways, as so many weapons were shooting in effective range the game flowed nicely but not as "bloody" as I'm used to.
We had a major close combat on turn 4x which saw both units involved evaporated, and it's definitely down to the dice Gods that I won as Kiwi started off with morale a little worse for wear for his Japs suffered hugely from my picking off his mortar teams avoiding the katanas of his main troops for as long as I could. The pair of PIATs (British being a really interesting list, I'd never played either against nor with them) which I had in my force neutralised the enemy armor mostly I feel through a psychological effect as they were hard pressed to take up position within 7" but if they had would have caused some serious mayhem. So I suppose those three units pretty much cancelled each other out.
Lots of shooting, one major assault, and a wonderful manner to spend 3hrs hours with laughs and "ughs" aplenty.

Turns out that as Travh20 mentioned - the CoC module is up in beta. Spoke to Zach, too, and it's certainly going to be expanded.
Looking great so far, think Kiwi will agree the base TTS module we used from Bolt Action was adequate but so much nicer to have something made specifically for our gaming system of choice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrUQ4-8 ... tbb9JMZhpD
Hope to see lots of you there soon!
:D