Goumiers in French Service 1942-44

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Groupe_Franc

Goumiers in French Service 1942-44

Post by Groupe_Franc »

The thread on Free French armored infantry reminded me of a matter concerning which I've occasionally meditated, namely the addition of a section of goumiers to a French force in Tunisia or Italy. Would it look basically like an infantry section? Any special rules? Have any of the local experts looked into the matter? Merci bien.

lebedo

Re: Goumiers in French Service 1942-44

Post by lebedo »

I think you should play them as regular infantry because they were reorganized after june 1940 to fill regular army missions . Special rules should focus on their speed and their fighting ability . Here are the rules I intended to submit for them :
Cavalry on foot : during the patrol phase , patrol markers for Goumiers move 15", not 12" . They can stay 15" apart , not 12" .
Zidou l'goudem : as long as they are with an attached leader, they ignore the first shock point as do aggressive troops , and can move 2d6 in tactical mode , assuming tactical stance at the end . If leaderless, they just keep the tactical move advantage, 2d6 . If fired upon with their leader , and he is wounded , roll 1d6 as normal , with minus 1 on the result of this dice roll .