Special movement and terrain features

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

m1017242

Special movement and terrain features

Post by m1017242 »

So done my first learning game today, Wehrmacht Panzer Grenadier against Soviet Rifle.
I have some questions about how special forms of movement work, how they interact with terrain features in particular.
Can I use a Handgrenaten activation or similar movement that aren't in the infantry section to charge out one building and in another?
If so how to handle? This is not covered in FAQ as I checked (or I might have missed).
Reflection on the game identified many mistakes and misinterpretations, hope to improve and teach local good in near future.

m1017242

Re: Special movement and terrain features

Post by m1017242 »

Case closed, just saw the wording "up to 3d6" which I assume means if charging through building you still need to do 2d6 discard smaller and through the door.
Now new question comes up, if a medical orderly is within 4" of another squad and same level of cover, do I need to roll morale check if I shoot at the squad as I will potentially hit the medic.

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Thats how I play it, as normal movement.
Seems odd to charve over obstacles at full distance.

The only one that is specifically mentioned is the break move where terrain is ignored.

The second question is more difficult it came up recently on the CoC facebook page.

No consensus but a lot of different solutions.
Some posters felt you had to aim at an isolated medic to cop the BTH roll.

Others felt they should be treated like FOO or officers not able to be targeted separately when within 4" but chance of being killed when others are killed etc.

Personally I woild treat them as a normal one man unit. Ie share hits within 4" and roll on BTH.
This encourages the player to keep them out of line of fire when treating officers.

One point was made that players could use the Medic to cover their advance. My answer to that is to not play with that sort of player, or kill his medic , roll 1 on BTH and move on 😉

siggian

Post by siggian »

If the medic is leading the charge, shoot him, roll the BTH, and then make sure that your opponent also rolls for a BTH for a support unit lost.

Truscott Trotter

siggian wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:15 am
If the medic is leading the charge, shoot him, roll the BTH, and then make sure that your opponent also rolls for a BTH for a support unit lost.
Agreed

Tomm

Post by Tomm »

Truscott Trotter wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:51 am

Personally I woild treat them as a normal one man unit. Ie share hits within 4" and roll on BTH.
This encourages the player to keep them out of line of fire when treating officers.
Also play the period, so ignore the BTH for the killer if playing on the Eastern Front.

Truscott Trotter

Yes Tomm unfortinately true, also in thr Far East too 😟

m1017242

Post by m1017242 »

Truscott Trotter wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:27 pm
Yes Tomm unfortinately true, also in thr Far East too 😟
Far East is even better, imagine getting Unit 731 and bubonic plague support