Patrol - Victory conditions

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Patrol - Victory conditions

Postby Peter » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:31 pm

The Patrol scenario as it stands is really just a meeting engagement. Even 'fighting patrols' weren't expected to take too heavy casualties. There a case for a side being defeated if their force morale falls below a certain value - probably 5.

This could lead to some pretty short engagements, but that is reasonable in such an engagement - neither side is going to accept heavy casualties. It would make the scenario a bit more distinctive - and maybe a bit more cat-and-mouse.

Peter
Peter

Re: Patrol - Victory conditions

Postby Archdukek » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:34 pm

Interesting idea Peter and makes sense. As it stands I find the Patrol scenario is the least interesting to play in many ways.

John
Archdukek

Postby Seret » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:12 pm

Archdukek wrote:Interesting idea Peter and makes sense. As it stands I find the Patrol scenario is the least interesting to play in many ways.

John

I agree. The lack of any real objective means there's less incentive to manoeuvre and it's more likely to be quite a static game. The scenarios with an attacker and a defender all play better IMO.
Seret

Postby Munin » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:46 pm

By itself I would agree. But if it's the first part of a campaign, victory in the Patrol generally gives the winning side the initiative for the campaign, which is usually worth it in and of itself.
Munin

Return to Chain of Command