question about blinds and spotting / brigade orders

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Ricey

question about blinds and spotting / brigade orders

Post by Ricey » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:47 am

Hello all
I've run into a slight conceptual block regarding the early stages of the game, specifically when both forces are entirely on blinds.
Firstly, is there any way to change the orders of the blinds? Since the CinC isn't on the table he isn't available to do it.
Secondly, how do you spot opposing blinds if your generals are still on blinds themselves? I had been assumed that blinds could spot as in IABSM etc. but on checking the rules I can't find this mentioned anywhere in tchae.
Both of these could be resolved by deploying the commanders from their blinds, but then they won't be as fast as the blind and will either slow it down or get left behind.
Am I missing something obvious?

Ricey

Richard
Site Admin

Re: question about blinds and spotting / brigade orders

Post by Richard » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:40 am

Morning Ricey

Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been without the internet for a bit thanks to poxy BT.

I'm no expert on Elephant as I haven't played them for a few years and I didn't write them. But, I do believe that Blinds DO spot as in IABSM. I also think that only the CinC can change order and that does involve him deploying onto the table. I seem to recall that this halt, and the resulting slower movement, reflects him having to deploy his staff to start issuing orders.

Can anyone else advise?

Rich

Ricey

Re: question about blinds and spotting / brigade orders

Post by Ricey » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:09 am

Rich
Thanks for coming back to me on this one. Deploying the CinC makes sense to change orders. If your plan was sound you shouldn't need to be changing orders on blinds anyway :)
I'll play with blinds spotting until I hear different from an elephant veteran.
Thanks again.
Ricey