Basing for 6mm

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Basing for 6mm

Postby Kpg » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:31 pm

Hiya, I have recently purchased some Baccus 6mm French and British armies, which come in blocks of 3 infantry figures. Basing French troops I'm okay with, however, can anyone advise how best to base my British infantry?
Many thanks.
Karl
Kpg

Re: Basing for 6mm

Postby Zippee » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:39 pm

I have a heap of information in the files section of the LFS Yahoo group.

Pretty sure Baccus come in strips of 4 @ 20mm.
Zippee

Postby Kpg » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:45 pm

Thanks Zippee, I'll take a look at the Yahoo group. I did initially think that this forum had replaced the Yahoo groups. You are correct, they are in bases of 4!

Cheers,

Karl
Kpg

Postby Zippee » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:46 pm

This is the direct link
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/lfslist/files

You can find a bunch of info under my name on 6mm stuff, although sadly not so much on the British, I don't really buy into the different size basing special snowflake rules for British troops, I'd just use the standard continental frontages were I ever to bother with them.

This is what my 6mm basing looks like:
and

More under my sig line - I really need to get the camera out more there's so much more to photograph
Zippee

Postby Iarumas » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:04 pm

Hi,

I'm still not sure how you based your miniatures. Are these 6 miniatures on a 2x2 cm base?

And alas, I am about to start a British army, which is not thoroughly covered by your spreadsheet.

Has anyone already figured out a good way to base 6mm Brits? I am totally unsure because of the varying bataillon frontage.

Best regards
Iarumas

Postby Zippee » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:43 am

No,

The Hessians are in battalions of 4 companies. Each company/base is 6 figures on a 30mm x 10mm base.

The Badeners are in battalions of 6 companies. Each company/base is 4 figures on a 20mm x 10mm base.

The light troops are duplicated on skirmish order bases - in the case of the Badeners above that's bases of 40mm x 20mm with 4 figures.

I have little to no interest in the British and really don't agree with the premise that they should be represented differently. If the same basing construct is expected to work for 1805 Prussians and Saxons, 1809 Austrians and 1812 Russians then it should be perfectly acceptable to the British too.

So if it was me I'd base them exactly the same as any other continental force. And should I ever live long enough to have so entirely run out of wargames projects that I would consider a British Napoleonic army, that's how I would base them - although who knows what rules we'll be using by then :)
Zippee

Return to Le Feu Sacre