Lots of varying reports on LFS

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Re: Lots of varying reports on LFS

Postby john de terre neuve » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:59 pm

Bvera said:
We have given a try to GBCoC and liked very much the system overall, but lately the developer has been quiet and the group is slowly dying; we fear that the project will go nowhere and will not committ ourselves fully to it if there are no signs that it will go ahead in full force.

I fear you are correct that this project is probably dead. I quite liked the rules, the mechanics were excellent but some work was still needed on the Command and Control. No word from the developer in 4 months and no mention of the rules by Rich Clarke on a recent M&M podcast.

I initially felt the new ruleset by Dave Brown for Napoleonics (companion set to his new ACW rules, Picketts Charge) were going to be grand tactical, but I now have a sense that they will work at the tactical level. I am hoping that this will be a good set of rules with a strong C&C component with simple mechanics.

I have gone through almost 10 Napoleonic rulesets in the the last 8 years and still have not found one that works for me. I thought it would have been GBCoC but like you say further development appears to be dead. A bit sad!

John
john de terre neuve

Re: Lots of varying reports on LFS

Postby SteveBurt » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:45 pm

I use Blucher for large battles. Each base is a brigade.
It's a good streamlined set of rules that lets me finish the biggest battles in a few hours.
SteveBurt

Previous

Return to Le Feu Sacre