Ecw

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

twmsioncati

Ecw

Post by twmsioncati »

SP2 clearly isnt meant to cover the English Civil War. However I dont want to cover main battles. I just want to cover the very common " beating up of quarters" that often only involved small groups of cavalry an small groups of dragoons or muskets. In my view SP2 can easily cover this and give a simpler game by classing them as musket conscripts but not allowing formations, or sharp practice. 3 command cards for crashing volleys or stepping out. Cavalry can be scouting usually. I just thoughti would share this idea.

Nick Worthington

Re: Ecw

Post by Nick Worthington »

I'd give matchlocks a longer reload. 2 actions. Maybe 3 for older ones with rests.

Nick W.

agent_pumpkin

Post by agent_pumpkin »

There have been several discussion of ECW in SP and SP". DO a search and see if there is anything useful to you.

Also Ioan Davies-John over on the Facebook group has worked hard to post his ideas in a rather useful pdf...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/583159251850065/
Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

twmsioncati

Post by twmsioncati »

Many thanks. I will follow the facebook group. I probably will stick withminimal changes to the core rules and very limited troop types. I will go with the suggestion of 2 actions to reload.