South American Wars of Liberation - The war in the south 2

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

seldon

South American Wars of Liberation - The war in the south 2

Post by seldon »

Another War in Chile game...

Argentine army of the Andes fighting against Royalists

Attack and objective game..

The Patriots mount their attack trying to position their 6pdr gun on a hill to support the advancing infantry.

This would prove the undoing of the royalists in the long run since they were not able to neutralize that gun and where under constant cannister enfilade fire

There only hope was to outmaneuver the two companies of fusiliers in line with their light cavalry. A frontal attack would certainly not work but if they could flank them or softem them up first with artillery and musket fire.. maybe

A similar flanking attempt by elite patriot cavalry failed to flank when it got dramatic flanking volleys from the grenadier and light companies of the royalists.. They took no casualties but the shock sent them back

The royalist cavarly attack did work. The line had suffer lots of shock from cannister ( 4 pdr) and muskets and the cavalry broke the formation. However thee cavalry were very unlucky and their leader got KO and that meant that they lost the initiative and could not deliver the final blow that would have exterminated the patriot formation

In the end the royalist cav had to pull back and the patriots were able to extract their cav squadron before they got broken by fire... This meant that from that point on it was tough for the royalist to bring the patriot morale down

The royalist commander took over the grenadiers and led a valiant charge that broke a group of Cazadores de los Andes, but it was too little to late.. Eventually royalist lost 0 to 4 final morale

Really a fun game.. first time using artillery.. ouch.. pretty deadly ( are the points right :) ) ... Could have gone the royalist way on the first half and went on the patriots way on the second half..

I'm having a lot of fun with SP :)

( just a reminder, I base two 15mm guys per 20mm base.. so my 8 man groups are actually 16 figures, and for organizational purposes I treat each group as an inf company or cavarly squadron )

cheers

Francisco
Last edited by seldon on Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

seldon

Re: South American Wars of Liberation - The war in the south

Post by seldon »

Ok.. I have no clue how to fix the pics so that they don't show just a "bit" .. maybe you can see them here ?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 254&type=3