Moving skirmisher screen plus parent body on a single activation?

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Archdukek

Re: Moving skirmisher screen plus parent body on a single activation?

Post by Archdukek »

BaronVonWreckedoften wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:53 pm
Archdukek wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:10 am
.....the Leader of the main body must outrank any Leader attached to the Skirmish troops.....
Just to clarify - must he completely outrank, or can he be the same rank?
Strictly he should be of a higher Status Level (see page 18) which usually comes with higher rank. If you insist on using Leaders of equal Status you will need to determine which has seniority, a la the defence of Rorkes Drift in the film Zulu. Personally I’d let the dice decide.

John

MLB

Post by MLB »

Archdukek wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:19 pm
As the Captain says, in most cases the target group is the Skirmishers so the +1 for a Column doesn’t apply.
However, keeping in mind that it is only hits on a Formation from Line, Skirmish Troops or Artillery firing canister which are allocated across other units, see Allocation of Hits on page 45, I would allow Artillery firing ball to target the Column.

John
For one moment I was thinking by ‘line troops’ you were implying troops in line formation. In other words this rule did not apply to groups, but I’ve just reread the rules to make sure I haven’t been playing this incorrectly. I see what you are saying now and artillery firing ball would be one of the few occasions when hits would not be allocated across other units. Correct?
The Tactical Painter https://thetacticalpainter.blogspot.com
Painting little soldiers for tactical battles on the table top

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Yes but. Yes to not sharing with other separate units. However, there is a specific rule for sharing hits on groups in a Formation from artillery firing ball. See the last paragraph and diagram at the foot of the first column on page 46. The hits are only shared with those groups immediately adjacent to the target group.

John