War of 1812 Canada v USA

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Dragoon

War of 1812 Canada v USA

Post by Dragoon »

Has anyone written a scenario for this or anything in the Lard Magazines or in the Lard blog?
Not the 1814 debacle which involves Fairly large forces, but the fighting along the Niagara River, Lakes Erie and Ontario.

sjwalker51

Re: War of 1812 Canada v USA

Post by sjwalker51 »

Does Mike Hobbs’ guide to 1812, sold in the TFL online shop, cover what you’re looking for?

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

Cheers, I’ll take a look

DaveH

Post by DaveH »

The 1812 war supplement has scenarios for SP based on parts of the battles that happened on the Niagara Campaign
  • Queenston Heights
  • Frenchtown/Raisin River
  • Fort Meigs
  • Battle of the Thames
  • Lundy's Lane
  • Fort Erie

PUFO

Post by PUFO »

We are looking at playing the War of 1812 Campaign and the first Scenario has the American Regular Flank Company Skirmishers,
one of their characteristics is listed as Marksmen, in the main Rule Book a Marksman is a Support Option so we are not sure how to play this, does it mean that the Group fire as Marksmen and the results are as the book, double shock and a -1 on the leaders roll or are they all Marksmen but only one man fires. If anyone can clarify this would be grateful.

Thanks John

Captain Reid

Post by Captain Reid »

I'd say you'd either change Marksmen to Good Shots (which allows the Group an extra firing dice - and is actually really quite effective as that extra dice does not diminish with casualties, it's a characteristic that I think needs to be assigned with some care and I doubt many troops historically speaking should get it, it should only be if their average marksmanship was of a standard well above everyone else's, and I think that'd be rare), or simply say a Group with the Marksmen characteristic is eligible to be assigned the Marksman support choice.
The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have all the facts and solutions. All we have to do is to wake up and change. - Greta Thunberg

The Saindoux Campaign, French & Indian War blog

Cerro Manteca, Peninsular War blog.

bandrsntch

Post by bandrsntch »

I think it means that they automatically get a Marksman is a Support Option.