O Morrazo Campaign - Galicia 1809 (Peninsular War)

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Capt Fortier

O Morrazo Campaign - Galicia 1809 (Peninsular War)

Post by Capt Fortier »

I've been working on some campaign settings for the Peninsular War for a while - some scenario based; some more narrative settings using the Dawns & Departures framework - and have got the "Reconquista: O Morrazo 1809" campaign to a fit state for sharing. It is set during the French occupation of Spanish Galicia, around April-June 1809, and although situated within a framework of historical events, it is a largely fictitious affair. It follows a band of Spanish militia and guerrilla, supported by sailors and marines of the Royal Navy, fighting to liberate the Morrazo peninsula of Pontevedra province. Against them is one of Marshal Ney’s flying columns from Santiago di Compostela seeking to destroy any local support for the uprising and restore the peninsula to French control.

I've not play-tested yet but hope to do so over the coming weeks and months, and will revise, refine and report back accordingly. Likewise keen for any feedback, including on my proposed force rosters, unit and leader characterstics, &c.
Capt Fortier

“Un optimiste, c'est un homme qui plante deux glands et qui s'achète un hamac.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

agentbalzac

Re: O Morrazo Campaign - Galicia 1809 (Peninsular War)

Post by agentbalzac »

Ahoy Captain!

Just saw this - looks like a splendid campaign and some very impressive work indeed.

Many thanks for the effort involved.

Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

Thanks AgentB - I'm trying to convince a friend to commit some time to it and will hopefully be able to post so AARs if I do! It's one thing to do a thing on paper; v different when it hits the table.
Capt Fortier

“Un optimiste, c'est un homme qui plante deux glands et qui s'achète un hamac.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

mellett68

Post by mellett68 »

I've had a quick flick through and it looks really interesting. Looking forward to some AAR's