Sharp Practice 1645

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

sjwalker51

Re: Sharp Practice 1645

Post by sjwalker51 »

I was thinking about something ale-related, or maybe tobacco: "Take a Pype" for the Tiffin card as well. Must find a suitable phrase and image.

Managed to get hold of the Basing House book quite cheaply ( a new idea, a large glass of wine and Amazon is a dangerous combination!), sounds like an excellent source of inspiration.

I like the idea of different Fisticuffs factors for Swedish or Dutch trained cavalry - in TSS there is a rule for pistol mounted cavalry that could be adapted. Firing in 3 ranks sounds more of a Formation rather than Group activity but well worth representing.

Would be great to include a mini-campaign mechanism, taking inspiration from either Dux Brit or TSS and bright ideas here might be equally applicable to 'In The Buff' as well

So now Marquis, all we need is the first draft of the rules and some faction lists to go shopping at Triples for!

andy_cole

Post by andy_cole »

Any update on this at all, does Marquis need us to pitch in with any help?

sid

Post by sid »

Progress report/SITREP on this?

sjwalker51

Post by sjwalker51 »

Gents, resurrecting this thread to see if there's still interest in an ECW/Reivers version of SP?

James/Marquis got distracted by real life last year (sounds familiar!) but he's kindly sent me his first draft and given the OK to upload them to the TFL Yahoo Group if there is any interest.

I was also thinking of messing around with my own version of a 'big battle' ECW set ("Not Quite In The Buff" maybe?) later this year, using similar mechanisms and ideas from other rules, so would be good to combine the two projects if possible.

Who's interested in either?

JimLeCat

Post by JimLeCat »

Yes, indeed!

sjwalker51

Post by sjwalker51 »

On the assumption that Sid and Andy will be along later, I'll get these posted to the Yahoo Group later this week, when I'm back in front of a proper computer.

jondxs

Post by jondxs »

Oh, yes! If you need playtesters let me know, for the SP version and/or Almost In The Buff...

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

I would still be interested in the outcome for both but unfortunately I won't be in a position to help with any play-testing. I'm currently too pre-occupied with testing the draft Napoleonic rules.
John

M.P.

Post by M.P. »

It depends hom many mins it requires if 30ish would suffice count me in.

sjwalker51

Post by sjwalker51 »

30 minutes Tom? Shame on you! It takes me more than that to set up a game.

Seriously, it'll be a couple of months until I can get focused on this project (real life, as usual) and then it's a question of those that are interested dipping in as much or as little as they feel inclined - just as important to suggest period-specific tweaks (random events, bonus cards etc) and proof-reading text, for example, as actually playing games, I think.

I'll post Marquis' draft rules for 1645 this weekend on the Yahoo Group - will post when it's been done.