Mexican-American War

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

IronDuke1813

Mexican-American War

Post by IronDuke1813 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:53 pm

Anybody play with the Mexican-American War list for SP2 or the old So Far From God supplement? I'm ready to start a new SP project and was thinking it might be something a little different with lots of exciting adventure/narrative? Was wondering if anyone had any photos from games or lists of their own?

-Andrew

sjwalker51

Re: Mexican-American War

Post by sjwalker51 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:09 pm

Still on my ‘to do’ list, I’m afraid. Picked up a lot of the lovely Eureka 18mm figures when SFFG was first released and never got any further. Definitely a project worth looking at. I see Ade (Deacon) is planning some stuff for the Alamo which is equally tempting thanks to Boothill Miniatures.

BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:46 am

A friend who used to post on here under the name "Levied Troop" has run several games at shows from this conflict. I shall see if I can get him to pop back onto here and help you.

levied troop

Post by levied troop » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:31 pm

:D Getting back.

But not much help, my game was based on the Texan War of Independence, slightly earlier but fairly different from the subsequent US Mexican War which I think Iron Duke is asking about. I can say that SP worked well for TWI and was good fun though.

Edit: a few pics and a nice report on our Tunbridge game here:
http://alleydistraction.blogspot.com/20 ... ution.html
See you in the morning down by the Jetty

Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:45 pm

Many thanks for sharing that report - a great looking game and a very clever scenario
Capt Fortier

“Un optimiste, c'est un homme qui plante deux glands et qui s'achète un hamac.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny