The capture and subsequent rescue of mademoiselle Mireille Masséna - a Sharp Practice AAR

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

maerk

The capture and subsequent rescue of mademoiselle Mireille Masséna - a Sharp Practice AAR

Post by maerk » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:01 pm

We played an exciting SP2 game based upon the "rescue mission" in the rulebook and situated in Spain during the peninsular war: The capture and subsequent rescue of ma ... actice AAR

Have fun and thanks for reading!
Maerk

Capt Fortier

Re: The capture and subsequent rescue of mademoiselle Mireille Masséna - a Sharp Practice AAR

Post by Capt Fortier » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:10 pm

Try: The capture and subsequent rescue of mademoiselle Mireille Masséna

Great AAR Maerk. Where did you source your "La aguja" figure?
Capt Fortier

“Un optimiste, c'est un homme qui plante deux glands et qui s'achète un hamac.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

bandrsntch

Re: The capture and subsequent rescue of mademoiselle Mireille Masséna - a Sharp Practice AAR

Post by bandrsntch » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:58 am

Looks like it was a fun game with a small amount of troops. Nice report. Look forward to your next one.

maerk

Post by maerk » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:09 am

Capt Fortier wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:10 pm
(...)
Great AAR Maerk. Where did you source your "La aguja" figure?
Osprey's "Spanish Guerillas in the Peninsular War" makes a short mention of female Guerillas, but "Little is known about them, although they were sometimes mentioned by observers and in a few memoirs." Richard Sharpe too once met one of them, if I remember correctly. So I took the liberty to create my own Heroine, naming her after the way of her actions: finding and piercing her victims with precision and stealth, as a skilled needlewoman would do it with her sewing work (la aguja (span.) = the needle). This might hint at the girls profession before she joined the guerilla, who knows?

I very much like this storytelling part of sharp practice!
Maerk

Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:32 pm

Thanks Maerk - it was more the source of the figure than the character I was interested in (though thanks for expanding on your characterisation too).
Capt Fortier

“Un optimiste, c'est un homme qui plante deux glands et qui s'achète un hamac.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

custosarmorum

Post by custosarmorum » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:41 am

Capt Fortier, I believe that figure is from Brigade Games Napoleonic Spanish range. Here is the link:

http://brigadegames.3dcartstores.com/BG ... _2955.html

I believe that there is also a mounted version as well.

Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:32 am

Many thanks - I have been looking for suitable female figures for guerrilla, and she is brilliant! In fact that Brigade Games link has opened up a lovely treasure trove. Thanks again!
Capt Fortier

agent_pumpkin

Post by agent_pumpkin » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:02 pm

Splendid AAR. Thanks for sharing.
Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.