Just a quick intro...

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

owaincaesarius

Just a quick intro...

Post by owaincaesarius » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:12 pm

I rather though I would be the first one to post something on this board. TOTW is great, and I rather like Rosa Luxembourg as well although I use the rules for the Spanish Civil War in 15mm.

Thats all folks, for now anyway.

Graham, West Cumbria.

:shock:

cstoesen

Re: Just a quick intro...

Post by cstoesen » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:06 am

They are great rules. They just don't seem to grab the attention that the others get.
Chris Stoesen
No matter where you go, there you are -- Buckaroo Banzai
Nil Facilis Est

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:15 am

They need another edition really, but the first edition is suitably anarchic. I do think that as rule sets get more all encompassing and streamlined we do lose some of the raw energy of those back-of-a-postcard days.

Rich

jony663

Post by jony663 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:07 pm

While these rules do show their age, there is nothing wrong with them. They give a good feel for this under appreciated period.

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:48 am

Would like to look at these for not only SCW but RCW and Russo-Polish war too - once I have sorted my CoC out of course. There are some nice figures/vehicles coming out for the SCW now too.

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:50 am

They are also like many of the earlier lardie rules less tightly written in some cases as there is intended to be an element of kriegspiel in them with the players and umpire when present tweaking things to suit the situation.

That might not be to every ones taste, especially for unumpired pick up games.

:evil: Ginger
Dark lord at large....

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:20 am

Understood - as I am likely to be providing both sides on one of these its no problem - no danger of a random game

jony663

Post by jony663 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:59 pm

Truscott Trotter wrote:Understood - as I am likely to be providing both sides on one of these its no problem - no danger of a random game
An issue many of us have.
Jon

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:40 pm

Sadly the days when some one else provided the enemy have passed me by long since .

:evil: Ginger
Dark lord at large....

owaincaesarius

Post by owaincaesarius » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:35 am

Actually- just to add my own thoughts about the writing of these rules being "loose".

Foe me it is a mixed blessing sometimes you want more direction. However the good thing here is that I have the figures, provide the scenario and "own" the period at my club/group so if there is a problem I can happily resort to plan B. That is make it up.

I think a new edition would be nice though, so long as it continues to show models that we can all use and not those over-grown apes on steroids that we tend to see in the glossie mags..28mm.
Actually I am doing a disservice to the current SCW ranges in gargoyle scale- they are very good just that I can't afford them or the space to use them.