size of TMB games

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

aphillathehun

size of TMB games

Post by aphillathehun »

What's a typical size for these games in terms of figures? Big men?

Hmmm, that might not help actually. Let me ask differently. What is the minimum forces on a side to have an interesting TMB game? At what size does the game begin to get unwieldy?

Thanks
-a

Rawnsley

Re: size of TMB games

Post by Rawnsley »

I find that a platoon a side with support is more than adequate when there are just two players.

seelowe41

Post by seelowe41 »

I regularly run games with around 6-10 big men per side and don't have any problems.

Regards

Stuart
Member of the Wyvern Wargamers.
http://wyvernwargamers.org.uk/

Check out my Blog - http://dusttears.blogspot.co.uk/

Sidney Roundwood

Post by Sidney Roundwood »

Hi Aphillathehun

I think the maximum practicable size for a single game is about 18 Big Men on the table. Anything bigger than that and it gets difficult to keep track and the flow of the game is too slow. About 6 Big Men per side is perfect.

At the other extreme, I've played very small games at only three Big Men per side (with each side having 20 troops). They are pretty fast and furious and take place on a single terrain board of trenches which are 600mm square. No problems at all with gaming at a very small scale, although the engagements are pretty bloody).

Hope that helps.

Sidney

aphillathehun

Post by aphillathehun »

Thanks for the info.

So it's really more constrained by the number of big men rather than the overall number of guys? Although I imagine the guys are somewhat related to the number of big men....

I'd like to hear more about the small actions. I don't suppose you have any scenarios lounging around or do you just kind of make something up for a game?