The Anarchy

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

butchyboy73

The Anarchy

Post by butchyboy73 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:37 am

Hi all,
Yet to play Dux Britaniarum as the forces are still in the lead/plastic pile but I was wondering how/if the rules translate well for early medieval periods such as the Anarchy. Apologies if this question has been asked before but just pondering before I dash off to work and thought I would ask as I have two factor six Lion Rampant forces sitting doing nothing and I'd like to see them gainfully employed. Thanks in advance,
Jimbob

Archdukek

Re: The Anarchy

Post by Archdukek » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:23 am

Hi Jim,
Not sure about the Anarchy conflict itself which was more about who had the stronger right to the throne. The campaign system might more readily adapt to the earlier and continuing efforts of the Norman Marcher Lords carving out their holdings on the Welsh Border.
I can bring a copy of the rules to the Club if you want to have a read and decide for yourself.

John

butchyboy73

Post by butchyboy73 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:35 pm

From what little I know of it (courtesy of Melvyn Bragg on In Our Time, BBC Radio 4, dontcha know ) there seemed to be a lot land grabbing and back stabbing during the Anarchy and I was curious to know if there were any changes needed for gaming DB in that period from a campaign perspective. I have the full DB set... that's Dux Britaniarum not Deutsche Bahn, by the way 😁

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:11 pm

My experience of the DuxB system is that it presumes one side is more of the aggressor, raiding an established kingdom to secure loot and territory, rather than two Robber Barons having a go at each other to become the local Big Man. I dare say it could be tweaked.

John