Scotti and Irish army lists

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Ammianus Marcellinus

Scotti and Irish army lists

Post by Ammianus Marcellinus » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:15 pm

Hello all,

I'm currently assembling a 28mm Irish/Scotti warband for skirmish games, and decided I'll give Dux Britanniarum a go. I'd like to gather and paint enough miniatures, in one go, to field all the possible reinforcements, and purchasing such minis has priority over purchasing the rules, until my next paycheque arrives.

I completely understand if providing information from TFL rulesets is forbidden, but if not, would someone please be able to tell me army lists, including reinforcements and alternative options like chariots, for the Scotti and Irish?

Thanks in advance either way!

Archdukek

Re: Scotti and Irish army lists

Post by Archdukek » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:47 pm

Hi there,
Don't see any problem in providing details of the Force lists you require. However, as a starter for 10 you might want to check out this entry in the Lard Island News Blog which discusses the structure of a basic Scotti force. There may be other relevant articles if you search. http://toofatlardies.co.uk/blog/?p=2510

Bear in mind that you will need to purchase both the Raiders supplement and the Dux Britanniarum rules if you want to play with the Scotti and Irish.

The core force for both consists of :
3 Nobles and a Champion on foot - the Lord and his Champion may be mounted in a chariot if you wish.
3 Groups each of 6 Raiders,
1 Group of 4 Missile men (slingers).
2 Groups each of 4 Commanded Skirmishers (javelins)
1 Group of 4 Skirmish Cavalry
1 Group of 4 Noble Raider Cavalry

If you are successful in your raids you may be able to recruit an additional 2 raiders to join one of your groups. When you have 6 of these additional warriors they will form a separate additional Raider group. So it would make sense to buy enough figures to make up a 4th Raider group.

The reinforcement schedule for the Scotti and the Irish are different in several respects.
For the Scotti it is:
6 Noble Raiders - better quality warriors on foot.
4 Noble Raider Cavalry plus a mounted Noble
6 Raiders
4 Noble Raider Cavalry
6 Noble Raiders

For the Irish the list is:
6 Raiders
4 Commanded Skirmishers (javelins)
4 Raider Cavalry with Mounted Noble
6 Raiders
6 Raiders

Hope this helps.

John

Ammianus Marcellinus

Re: Scotti and Irish army lists

Post by Ammianus Marcellinus » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:49 pm

Thank you so much for the very extensive answer! I'll be ordering both books and the cards soon enough, I just wanted to get my painting begun first.

Thanks again!