Nobles in combat

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Nobles in combat

Postby Sir Tobi » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi,

I'm sorry, this question has certainly been posed elsewhere but I can't find it. If a noble is in combat on his own (since the group he was with has been wiped out and he chose to fight) he counts hits as wounds and ignores shock. But what is he rated as? If he is the lord, he is certainly elite. But if he only is status I and commanded some skirmishers, is he a warrior/ raider or also elite?

We had a strange situation - a lord was in combat with a complete group of warriors. He slew them all, because they did roll many 5's but no 6 (which is only an ignored shock). It was rather cineastic, however it seems to be a good strategy to send in nobles on their own - as they ignore shock, they do last much longer as a unit of elites :?

Best,
Tobi
Sir Tobi

Re: Nobles in combat

Postby Derek H » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:50 pm

I always just make all Nobles Elite. A Noble should be better than any commoner other than an Elite.

Remember the rules on Nobles becoming isolated in combat on p.48
All the Lard News in one place - Lard Central http://www.netvibes.com/lardcentral
Pimping my blog - Dereks Wee Toys http://dereksweetoys.com/
Derek H

Re: Nobles in combat

Postby WillieB » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:52 pm

Same here. We always count a sole Noble as Elite. Makes for an exciting fight sometimes. I'm sure Glenn will always remember wiping out a group of 5 warriors with his Lvl II Noble.
You can't buy honour.
WillieB

Return to Dux Britanniarum