Dux for Bronze Age

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

rogerc

Dux for Bronze Age

Post by rogerc »

Hi All, first time on here, I ma a big fan of Sharp Practice 2 and lookign for a rule set to fit with my Bronze Age North Europeans, so cahriots heroes etc. Dux has been sufggested to me, just like a little feedback on whether folks think this is a good fit.

Munin

Re: Dux for Bronze Age

Post by Munin »

Dux makes a few specific assumptions about how warfare is conducted (Britons making use of shieldwall, for instance), but I think you could make it work. The Raiders compendium includes rules for chariot-riding celts, which might be of interest to you.

But honestly you might find the recently released "Infamy, Infamy" a better fit (as the Roman era is much less removed in time from your intended period than Dux is). It much more closely resembles SP2 in its activation mechanics, including Signa (flag) cards and the turn ending Tempus Fugit (Tiffin) card. And between the rules for Britons, Gauls, and Germans I think you could model just about any northern European Bronze Age force you wanted.

rogerc

Re: Dux for Bronze Age

Post by rogerc »

Brilliant thank you, the suggestion from Infamy Infamy was that Dux might be a better fit , I will do some more digging.