Dux Formation Question

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

jarhead60mm

Dux Formation Question

Post by jarhead60mm » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:47 pm

When a noble orders a Group to form a formation, does this count as the Groups' move for that turn?

Terry

JimLeCat

Re: Dux Formation Question

Post by JimLeCat » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:28 pm

Hi Terry,

No, it doesn't. As per p.36, troops involved in forming a formation (or changing formation between mass and shieldwall) just lose 1d6 movement in doing so. This is in addition to any movement required to put them adjacent to each other. If they have already used their full movement prior to the order being given, then the formation cannot be formed this activation (I would simply play it that the CI is wasted and the order must be given again next activation, for simplicity).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Jim

jarhead60mm

Post by jarhead60mm » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:40 pm

Thanks Jim for your response.

Ok lets see if I have this right or if I'm over thinking this. Say a Group is ordered to form a formation with another group 4" away. They roll 2D6 and roll a total of 10. So they would move the 4" to form the formation and then have 6" of movement remaining, or is the 4" to join a free move and still have the 10" to move.

Thanks again Jim for your help.

Terry

GunnarL

Post by GunnarL » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:15 pm

Remember that the type of formation matters as well. Forming groups into Mass Formation, you spend the CI, sacrifice 1D6, roll the remaining 2D6, then use that number to move into formation and then move the formation itself. If you have to move into contact, you will subtract that from the total. Using your example, the formation would have 6" remaining. No free moves unfortunately.