Dux Formation Question

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Dux Formation Question

Postby jarhead60mm » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:47 pm

When a noble orders a Group to form a formation, does this count as the Groups' move for that turn?

Terry
jarhead60mm

Re: Dux Formation Question

Postby JimLeCat » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:28 pm

Hi Terry,

No, it doesn't. As per p.36, troops involved in forming a formation (or changing formation between mass and shieldwall) just lose 1d6 movement in doing so. This is in addition to any movement required to put them adjacent to each other. If they have already used their full movement prior to the order being given, then the formation cannot be formed this activation (I would simply play it that the CI is wasted and the order must be given again next activation, for simplicity).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Jim
JimLeCat

Re: Dux Formation Question

Postby jarhead60mm » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:40 pm

Thanks Jim for your response.

Ok lets see if I have this right or if I'm over thinking this. Say a Group is ordered to form a formation with another group 4" away. They roll 2D6 and roll a total of 10. So they would move the 4" to form the formation and then have 6" of movement remaining, or is the 4" to join a free move and still have the 10" to move.

Thanks again Jim for your help.

Terry
jarhead60mm

Return to Dux Britanniarum