Tell us about yout Q13 Armies.

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

EvilGinger

Tell us about yout Q13 Armies.

Post by EvilGinger » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:01 pm

I have done several mostly conversions of GW 40k & Mantic Warparth armies but I was thinking of doing something more original & in 15mm and I was wondering what every one else had come up with.

My plans are a near future human based army & either some more primitive aliens in a colonial situation or more advanced invaders of earth.

:evil: Ginger
Dark lord at large....

Vis Bellica

Re: Tell us about yout Q13 Armies.

Post by Vis Bellica » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:02 pm

I've concentrated on alien armies rather than any humankind ones.

So I have:

Aphid (frogs)
Avians (birds)
Chewk (not-jawas)
Felids (cats)
Garn (T-Rexs)
Gitungi (ressemble nothing on Earth)
Pelagics (various fishheads)
Protolene Khanate (dogs)
Quar (anteaters)
Ursids (bears)
Vornids (plants)

plus WWW2 US troops for Invasion Earth! scenarios.

Also on the way are the Martians from the All Quiet on the Martian Front kickstarter.

R

sunjester

Post by sunjester » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:09 pm

I have various ideas and loads of figures but not finalised anything yet.

So far all my Sci-fi is 10mm. I've a Mimbari army from the old Gropos game that will be very cool as a high tech aliens army. :mrgreen:
For something a little more basic I've a load of plastic vehicles and troops from the MechWarrior collectable miniatures game, that I've rebased. I thinking of something along the level of the Independence Wars from the Firefly universe. 8-)

Some pictures here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunjester/ ... 931375362/

Graham

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:20 pm

Retyping the post the forum ate Grr....

I am rather interested in Roberts Avians as I am interested in doing something like GW's Kroot in 15mm.

I also remember Gropos a lot of nice figures saddled by probably the most unorigional rule set I have ever seen, but then it was just this sort of thing that Q13 is good for fixing.

If You like Battle tech I would direct you towards the Reaper CAV range which is 10mm & note that Battle Tech miniatures are still available. Spirit Games still stocks them for example.

Dark lord at large....

Vis Bellica

Post by Vis Bellica » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:10 pm

The Avians are a combination of MadRobot's Harook and Khurasan's Hauk. I've also added in a load of armour from Top Gun Marketing, as they looked very egg like.

Working_Class

Post by Working_Class » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:45 pm

I'm doing 6mm for Q13 and slowly building up a few forces. I already have a good number of Guild Legionnaires from Exodus Wars and I am next going to start the Okami Technocracy Combine from Onslaught Miniatures.

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:14 am

The Drop zone stuff looks rather nice in 10mm as well & Mad Robot looks good for Scifi modification of historical 28mm's

Dark lord at large....

armiesarmy

Post by armiesarmy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:01 pm

All my stuff is near future, with smatterings of special weaponry and vehicles. Obviously Im using my own 15mm stuff, however I do use alot of GZG NAC. Vehicles are mostly silku conversions and combat wombat tanks

DPBax

Post by DPBax » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:32 pm

The image shows my 28mm Pig Iron Kolony Militia waiting to see the elephant in the first game of more or less Q13 we play last saturday.

The rules were modified a bit to allow the use of groups of 28mm instead of complete platoons.

Dick
"The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that ain't so." Mark Twain

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:14 am

I know I keep wanting to play with my 28mm stuff but I was not intending changing the rules just using smaller farces.

Dark lord at large....