Q13'ing Turtledove's "World War" books

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

jafo

Q13'ing Turtledove's "World War" books

Post by jafo »

(Quick precis for those who've not read this amusing potboilers)
May 30th 1942, a slower than light invasion fleet arrives in Earth orbit and proceeds to invade the planet using technology roughly equivalent to early 21st century military kit.
The aliens 'The Race' are a bunch of Lizards from a very conservative (culturally and technologically) civilization whose STL probes had led them to expect a medieval age adversary.

Hilarity ensues.

I'm hunting around for suitable figures for Race infantry (cover art usually has them looking a bit like gaily painted bipedal chameleons). Anyone with a wider knowledge of the current 15mm miniature scene got any recommendations?

Vis Bellica

Re: Q13'ing Turtledove's "World War" books

Post by Vis Bellica »

You need the Space Raptors by Loud Ninja Games. We're funded bu Kickstarter, but must be almost ready for release by now.

See http://loudninjagames.blogspot.co.uk/ for more.

It's a Kickstarter I wish I'd funded.

R

jafo

Post by jafo »

Vis Bellica wrote:You need the Space Raptors by Loud Ninja Games. We're funded bu Kickstarter, but must be almost ready for release by now.

See http://loudninjagames.blogspot.co.uk/ for more.

It's a Kickstarter I wish I'd funded.

R

Oooh, pretty! The Race have stumpy tails and goggly chameleon eyes but I could always file the tails down and milliput the eyes a bit in lieu of a better match.

The books are amusing, you sort of end up feeling a bit sorry for The Race (a species for whom 1,000 years is a short period for techological or social change). They come horribly unstuck in the face of the white heat of WW2 technological innovation.

There's a lot of "Where -HELL- did the humans get THOSE?" as new weapons come to the fore.

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger »

nice figures if not quite a match for the cover art on the books.

:evil: Ginger
Dark lord at large....