Pickett's Charge

Your outlet for items not relating to TFL rules!

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

abikapi2

Pickett's Charge

Post by abikapi2 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:33 am

Hi,

Just printed my PDF copy and waiting for my printed one.

I would like to try a first game for this set of rules sold by Your site.

Would it be treated in this forum or on another one?

Is already available a QRS (with this kind of rules is compulsory to have one)?

Tnank You
Stefano Bassetti

Archdukek

Re: Pickett's Charge

Post by Archdukek » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:57 am

Hi Stefano,
There was a glossy 4 page QRS provided with the printed copy I received the other day which looks pretty comprehensive, but yet to try it in action.

The rules themselves refer on page 4 to support being available via a Reisswitz Press Forum but when I checked the quoted link doesn't appear to be working. Nor does the GeneraldeBrigade link cited either. You can find some information about the rules on Dave Brown's site at http://www.generaldebrigade.blogspot.co.uk

Since the rules were published a few days earlier than planned it may be that Rich's Web Elf has not yet activated the new Forum site.

John

abikapi2

Post by abikapi2 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:01 am

Thank You John, for the prompt answer, I'll wait for my printed copy

Stefano

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:16 pm

Since the rules were published a few days earlier than planned it may be that Rich's Web Elf has not yet activated the new Forum site.

John[/quote]

Yes, I was caught out by that while trying to set up my account from the web sight change and now it's set up a password for me so I still can't get in. It wouldn't allow my selected pas word.
Odd I've been locked out of a forum before but I've never been prevented from buying goods before.

rim66

Post by rim66 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:26 pm

Hi Dragoon,

Are you locked out of the TFL shop? If so, let me know your username and I'll flag it up to Rich, who should be able to either unlock you or delete the account so you can start again.

Kind regards,

Richard aka Monty Lardo

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:48 pm

Sorted now, I think, but it only shows recent purchases.
I shall have to set up an Access DataBase and put it in a cloud.
Is there a read Access App for iOS devices?

rim66

Post by rim66 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:00 pm

Glad you're sorted. On the techie one - no idea, I'm a luddite! Sorry.

Richard aka Monty Lardo

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:45 pm

Dragoon wrote:Sorted now, I think, but it only shows recent purchases.
I think that is because Rich was not able to transfer our old account details to the new website, so we have all had to create new accounts. However, Rich has said that he still can access the old accounts if access is needed to previous purchases.
John

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:08 pm

while messing with it i missed the offer on pickets charge, but on reflection I'm not sure how it works and I don't want to end up with a game that takes casualties in blocks of 4 figures as once you get a figure to men ratio of more than 50 : 1 it becomes a board game.
A ratio of between 10 or 20 to 1 being more preferable. 30 men to a battalion or 60 if you are going to put them in 2 ranks.
the latter looks good with 10mm figures but I like AB figures, however as the don't sell them in the north west, for at least 3 years I've stopped.

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:53 pm

Dragoon,
Your preference is shared by the author to some degree. He prefers a 20:1 ratio and uses 4 figures per base with 5-6 bases typically for a battalion. A base represents 75-80 men. You can use more figures per base if you want, there is no required basing system though there are recommendations.
There is no figure removal and firing and combat is calculated by base. Eventually the whole unit will be removed from play when it loses its cohesion and cannot remain in action.
John