The Scottish Corridor

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Munin

Re: The Scottish Corridor

Post by Munin » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:25 pm

Wow, this has been a close-run thing too! I love it when campaigns come right down to the wire.

Seret

Post by Seret » Thu May 31, 2018 12:46 pm

And more nail-biting to come: the Scots are just barely hanging on to the last line of defence, can they stop the rampaging Germans or will we have to rename it "Der Deutsche Korridor"?

Game 10: Capturing Colleville

Closecraig

Post by Closecraig » Thu May 31, 2018 1:25 pm

Seret wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:46 pm
And more nail-biting to come: the Scots are just barely hanging on to the last line of defence, can they stop the rampaging Germans or will we have to rename it "Der Deutsche Korridor"?

Game 10: Capturing Colleville
Brilliant AAR - Big fan of your summary graphics as well. Give those vicker gunners a medal!

Seret

Post by Seret » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:57 am

Closecraig wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 1:25 pm
Give those vicker gunners a medal!
Just doing their job, mate!

MLB

Post by MLB » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:55 pm

Great stuff. I’m surprised the 6pdr lasted so long, I thought the Panther would have taken it out early on with a combination of HE and MG. That charge against the Vickers was the decisive moment. Even had the second squad made it, it was going to be costly for the Germans. A bold move, but maybe a little rash. You’d have to wonder what might have happened if the two Panthers had supported each other and the infantry by sitting back and shooting the infantry onto their targets?
The Tactical Painter
Painting little soldiers for tactical battles on the table top

Seret

Post by Seret » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:31 pm

MLB wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:55 pm
Great stuff. I’m surprised the 6pdr lasted so long, I thought the Panther would have taken it out early on with a combination of HE and MG.
It did well to start, but after that failed to roll many kills and the SL commanding the 6pdr managed to keep the shock under control. The 6pdr wasn't doing much damage to the Panther, but it was occasionally tagging it with shock that meant it wasn't firing MGs much of the time.
That charge against the Vickers was the decisive moment. Even had the second squad made it, it was going to be costly for the Germans. A bold move, but maybe a little rash.
Yeah, but like I said, I'm not sure I would have done any different? Caught in the open their only real options were to retreat or charge.
You’d have to wonder what might have happened if the two Panthers had supported each other and the infantry by sitting back and shooting the infantry onto their targets?
Yeah, to be fair if the German infantry had fallen back and the Panthers had come up the could have nuked the Vickers and I wouldn't have wanted to deploy any further infantry while they were on the prowl.