Proper Big Chain of Command - Punch by Wünsche

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Sigur

Proper Big Chain of Command - Punch by Wünsche

Post by Sigur »

Hullo, this is the AAR of our biggest Chain of Command game to date. Kind of an addendum to the Operation Martlet campaign involving two British rifle platoons with a platoon of Shermans in tow fending off KG Wünsche's counter-attack force of a few Panthers, armoured recon units and a battered platoon of SS-Panzergrenadiers.

http://skirmishwargaming.com/big-chain- ... h-wunsche/

Peter

Re: Proper Big Chain of Command - Punch by Wünsche

Post by Peter »

Great report, thanks.

SteveBurt

Post by SteveBurt »

That looks like an absolutely terrific game.
I hope those 6pdr gunners got a medal.

Sigur

Post by Sigur »

Thanks for the comments. :) it really was a great game.

oozeboss
Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Australia

Post by oozeboss »

This AAR was a complete and utter pain in the proverbial to read!

;)

I flicked onto it, intending to quickly flick through inside of five minutes before getting onto some serious painting of my own Germans, and here I am, an hour and a half later, completely and utterly absorbed by this engaging, enthralling, and very very exciting report. The author summed it up best with the opening line of his summary: "What a game! In my opinion it had all the things going for it that make a game work".

It certainly did (and I was pleased to see that at least all the madness and mayhem of those cacophonous carrying - ons did not wake up those "sleeping" cows).

I ended up left clicking on every single pic in order to drool over the details of that incredible terrain, laughed at every appalling pun (and noted most of them down for me to recycle over the coming weeks), and even drew inspiration from the 15mm marvels (which would be every bit as wondrous looking in my own preferred scale of 28mm).

Finally, I sent the link to a fellow CoC devotee, with enthusiastic burblings about our need to attempt to ultimately emulate this extravaganza within our own CoC coven.

The total success of this AAR is that it presents games to which all gamers surely aspire. The author (and his colleagues) have made my day.

:mrgreen:

Saltflats1929

Post by Saltflats1929 »

Very nice. What scale is that?

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

15mm Ex FOW stuff I would say - and jolly nice it looked as well even the Galeforce 9 /BF buildings looks good with all the extras

Sigur

Post by Sigur »

@oozeboss: :D Thanks very much for your comment! Glad that you liked the AAR so much.

@Saltflats1929: Cheers. It's 15mm figures, mostly Battlefront with a little Peter Pig or PSC in there.

@Truscott Trotter: Yeah, with the GF9 buildings it's kinda like with gaming mats - pretty lame by themselves, but put enough stuff on and around them and they're perfectly serviceable.

c0cky30

Post by c0cky30 »

Superb

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Lovely AAR and a beautiful table which looked like a pleasure to play on.

Any chance you could tell us how you produced the scenario map and where you got the symbols from since it is such a good match to those Big Rich uses?

John